Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by onedelorean, Jul 22, 2011.

1. onedelorean

onedelorean New to Mu-43

Jul 22, 2011
    I just got a GH2 and some good lenses and after i realized how much I spent I was seriously thinking about getting insurance for my stuff. Has anyone on here bought insurance before for camera gear? Thoughts on this? I found a couple companies but not sure if its necessary...
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Hrm. I purchased an extended warranty for my E-P1 that covered accidental damage by the user. It ends at the end of the year. Never looked for insurance though. My renters insurance would cover theft if stolen from my apartment. As far as stolen on a trip or something, I wonder if lo-jack has anything.
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I removed the links in your post because you're a new member, and they look like spam to me. Feel free to carry on the discussion and sorry if I have offended, but we try hard to keep the site free of spam.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. wyip

wyip Mu-43 Regular

Nov 17, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    My home owner's insurance covers my camera gear. I had a Zeiss 24-70mm stolen from my car that my insurance reimbursed me for (less depreciation).
  5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I wonder how it affects your insurance premiums for your home? I know lots of people in the Apple community advise agsinst claiming for stolen/destroyed equipment due to the total costs in the long term.
  6. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I have separate riders on my homeowners policy for my camera and computer equipment. Total cost for both is under $100/yr, covers just about anything, and for my older camera stuff they accept KEH prices as the current value for replacement. Both are $50 deductible policies.