Instant savings on OM-D lenses - but not for me I guess

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by getoutandshoot, Dec 6, 2013.

1. getoutandshoot

getoutandshoot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay area, CA
    Dave
    http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/lens_promotion
    Just a few weeks ago I bought the E-M1 with a 75mm f1.8 lens. All of a sudden Olympus seems to have changed the mail-in rebate on the 12-40mm when purchased with an E-M1 to instant savings, and also added other lenses... I missed out on the $200 savings when I bought my 75mm f1.8... I did get $50 savings... Jeeze. I must say it irks me that they keep changing the offers... Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

2. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Return it and buy it again (or call them and see if you can get the deal).

• Like Like x 2
  3. getoutandshoot

getoutandshoot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay area, CA
    Dave
    Yes, I thought about that, but I didn't buy the E-M1 body and the 75mm lens from the same source. Originally I ordered both together from B&H, but then I cancelled the body with B&H after waiting ~3 weeks when I found it in stock at a local store. I think now it's too late and too much hassle anyway to return both the lens and body and buy them again simply to save another $150. Oh well. At least I got $50 off the lens and 4% rewards at B%H. But for those who are ready to make a decision to buy an Olympus body right now, this offer to get $200 off each of 4 lenses is a pretty good deal.

--Dave

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.