Instant Photo Printer for Phone

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Looking to get one of these mini printers as a gift. They all seem kind of bad, honestly, but wondering if anyone has any experience? HP Sprocket Select, Fujifilm Instax SP3, Lifeprint, Canon Ivy. There are others. I guess it mostly comes downs to connectivity and ease of use with an iPhone.

Any experiences or thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

While you didn't get any reply I'd be interested to know whether you ended up buying a mobile, pocketable printer or not? I've been playing around with that idea lately myself, however each of them seem to have their own issues and cons.

AMcUK

Mu-43 Regular
I looked into them for my teenage daughter - in the end, the genuinely pocketable ones all seemed too compromised.
I bought her a Canon Selphy CP1200 and a big pack of ink and paper. I didn't buy the battery pack.
It prints decent quality 6"x4" images quickly with no fuss from her phone.
She ran through her first 108 prints in a few months (!) and asked for a new pack for Christmas so a success.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
While you didn't get any reply I'd be interested to know whether you ended up buying a mobile, pocketable printer or not? I've been playing around with that idea lately myself, however each of them seem to have their own issues and cons.
Got the Instax SP3. Quality is pretty good/good enough. But if you don't want the portability I can't see much reason to buy any of them.

Real Name
Walter
Sorry, I didn't respond earlier. My friend gave me an LG mini photo printer. It's just about pocketable. It prints on ZINK paper from your smartphone. It's not bad if what you're looking for are small, durable prints to give away or to put in a scrapbook. Sometimes being able to make small prints would be a good way to break the ice and get people to pose for you. Someone suggested doing this when traveling.

Thanks for the input, I more or less was looking at either the HP Sprocket or the Instax SP-3 mentioned by Demiro. The former offers not only somewhat bigger photos, but the paper is actually a bit more economical. It's also more affordable at just over 100 EUR. However I've heard some more mixed opinions about ZINK paper.
The latter is more expensive with close to 170 EUR, a single photo costs about 50% more and the prints are smaller. However I somehow dig the Polaroid-like frame and from what I've heard the quality of Instax is, over all, the best compromise of all pocket printers. Plus it could sync with my X100V directly... I've also considered the newer Instax Link, however it uses the common Mini slides, which are even smaller than the Square slides you get from the SP line of printers.

I am aware you don't buy any of such printers for quality prints, but as Holoholo said, the idea of giving away actual, small prints on the go or use them in a scrapbook or journal is kind of appealing - even if it means sacrifices to quality compared to regular 10x15cm prints.

My actual photo printer seems to be broken anyways as I just noticed, so getting a new, "real" printer seems to be a higher priority over a pocketable toy right now anyways.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom