Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bill, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Bill

Bill Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill (really)
    I chose a 4/3 camera (GF1) because it was the perfect replacement for my LX3 and perfect to carry around. Perfect for street photography.

Because I'm a fan of street photography, I've been blown away by the recently discovered work of a photographer named Vivian Maier. An immigrant from France she lived and died in Chicago — in obscurity. After her death last year, her work was discovered by the man who bought her photographs, negatives and undeveloped film in a sale of the contents of her storage locker.

If you want to see great work, have a look at the blog where her photos are being published: Vivian Maier - Her Discovered Work

I believe that her work will soon be regarded as being up there with the legends.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome to the forum,
    You made my day with this post.
    Her work is very seductive and intoxicating.
    It looks like she used a Rollie. Not easy to do but she did it well.

Maybe you could post some of your images.
    Thanks again.... I'm sure we'll see each other around....
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Bill. Thanks for the Inspiration thread. I will take a look at her and your site. By the way, what's a Rollie?

Enjoy your weekend!
  4. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

The Rollie in question is/was Rolliecord and the next step up was Rollieflex
    two great cameras that I started with! They were twin lens reflex film cameras and were the best until Hassy came along!!

By the way I am not Bill the poster!!
  5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Bill, agreed on the Rollie.
    I have to say that my Rollie 2.8 Planar was better than my Hassy 80mm 2.8 Planar. I guess it's because when you release the shutter on the Blad, the world shakes....
  6. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    I had a look her images are great some are strong some amusing, lots of footwork these shots don't come easy. :smile:
  7. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Thanks for posting this Bill. Makes me want to get out onto the street. She was certainly a great photographer.