Inside the Cosina Voightlander Nokton 25mm F0.95

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RobWatson, Sep 28, 2012.

1. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Ever wonder what's inside but don't have one or would not dream of taking apart your expensive baby? Not to worry, I've got tools and no sense so have a look!
    <a href="">
    <div align=center>
    [​IMG]"300" height="400"

<a href="">
    <div align=center>
    [​IMG]"300" height="400"
    Actually, I get paid to do this kind of stuff. I might even take a file to some of the innards. Wish me luck!

Anyone have any ideas on reducing the friction in the focus mechanism I'm all ears.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RobWatson

No worries!

Lest anyone gets overly concerned I got it all put right back together ship shape.
  3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I have one, and I refer to it as "my baby" as well. At the price I paid for it- I totally gasped when I saw your pics :smile:

Out of curiosity- what ARE you doing that for?
  4. RobWatson

Kills cats and does much damage when misused.

Trying to figure out how to lessen the friction in the focus mechanism. Can't say why - top secret stuff.
  5. uci2ci

uci2ci Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA

You would probably get more help for this on mflenses forum. I wanted to do thr same for my hexanon...."Grease" and "helicoid" came up alot :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RobWatson

I've stripped all the grease from the helicoid threads and applied graphite as a lubricant but still not so great. There is tremendous bearing surface in that thread arrangement - I think I need to shave the threads down a bit.
  7. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    unless your copy is different to mine, the focussing is perfect, so what on earth are you trying to change?