Inside St Peter's

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by jchercon, Feb 18, 2013.

1. jchercon

jchercon Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    Barcelona, Spain
    • Like Like x 23
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    I love that shaft of light falling on the seat. I wonder if it's purposeful. :)

I would love to visit it one day. Very nice images!
  3. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Great photos. I see it was an EM-5. Lens?
  4. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    For anyone considering going to Rome/Vatican. I strongly recommend one of the "Skip the line" tours from the likes of Viator. Our tour started at 9.15am and there was already a queue about 2+ hours long assembled. We arrived just after 9am and were walked straight in past them all.

It was more informative than perhaps if we'd gone it alone but I'm sure, for those that are more lone rangerish, you could break away from the guides early on.

I think, maybe wrong as it was a couple of years ago now, that the vaticans own skip the line was akin to a fairground ride one where you end up in a theoretically shorter queue of others that have bought the same tickets. The guided tours are on a schedule so end up getting priority over them still

You've took some beautiful photo's too. I only got a handful of decent shots when I was there. I think I was walking around too much in awe of the place to take many! lol

Did you get any shots of the confession booths?
  5. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Beautiful detail and color. Thanks for sharing these.
  6. jchercon

jchercon Mu-43 Regular

Nov 10, 2012
    Barcelona, Spain
    They were all taken with the Panasonic 12-35 2.8.
  7. JoepB

JoepB Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Beautiful photo's of a beautiful location. We were there in 2010 and at 8 am there was no queue!
  8. 67DGS

67DGS Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Stunning pics. I also love the shaft of sunlight. Looks to be an awe inspiring cathedral. Cannot imagine the work it took to build.

9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Great pictures, and well done for taking them so well in what sounds like a pressurised situation.
    It's a bit ornate isn't it!
  10. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Stunning photos, like others I like the shafts of light in the first few shots. Thanks for sharing :2thumbs:
  11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    You did a fantastic job with these! :thumbup:
  12. AndreasJ

AndreasJ Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2013