Inside Geordie's Bothy - HDR image

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
Well you didn't lurk for long, I can't comment on HDR, no experience, however on my albeit uncalibrated monitor that I use for the internet, the shadows could do with being raised a little in value, only a little, but that would be my approach if it were my photograph.

Barrie

StephenL

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Barrie, point taken. Although there's nothing really interesting in the shadows in the roof space, except cobwebs! (must get round to cleaning it before I get found out)

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
The shadows look fine on my monitor and the processing is not overcooked. I wonder about the purple tones which look a little unnatural to my eye. The area through the window is badly blown and I'd hope to capture more detail in HDR.

StephenL

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Bill. I too am a little puzzled by the purple - although to be fair the stone does have that tinge to it. I don't think I underexposed in my range to give enough detail through the window, and I was very wary about overdoing the processing.

Pap

Mu-43 Regular
Good shadow detail. Window highlights are blown a bit. I’m not seeing any real strange purple color to speak of. My feeling about the image is that is doesn’t have that HDR look which is a compliment.
Pap

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Barrie
I have to offer you an apology, it's now dark outside, the curtains are drawn and there is a low level of illumination in the room, shadows are now just about perfect as indeed is the whole photograph. I also am not seeing the purple hue mentioned by others above, but then I do have some blue/green colour blindness, don't know if that affects my judgment in that region.

Barrie

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom