1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Inside Geordie's Bothy - HDR image

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by StephenL, Sep 1, 2010.

1. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    • Like Like x 3
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Well you didn't lurk for long, I can't comment on HDR, no experience, however on my albeit uncalibrated monitor that I use for the internet, the shadows could do with being raised a little in value, only a little, but that would be my approach if it were my photograph.

Barrie

3. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Thanks Barrie, point taken. Although there's nothing really interesting in the shadows in the roof space, except cobwebs! (must get round to cleaning it before I get found out)

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

The shadows look fine on my monitor and the processing is not overcooked. I wonder about the purple tones which look a little unnatural to my eye. The area through the window is badly blown and I'd hope to capture more detail in HDR.

5. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Thanks Bill. I too am a little puzzled by the purple - although to be fair the stone does have that tinge to it. I don't think I underexposed in my range to give enough detail through the window, and I was very wary about overdoing the processing.

6. kappa546

kappa546 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2010
    what did you use for the processing?

7. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Photoshop CS4. I did have Photomatix, but haven't loaded it onto my current PC yet. Sheer idleness!

8. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    Good shadow detail. Window highlights are blown a bit. I’m not seeing any real strange purple color to speak of. My feeling about the image is that is doesn’t have that HDR look which is a compliment.
    Pap

9. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    I have to offer you an apology, it's now dark outside, the curtains are drawn and there is a low level of illumination in the room, shadows are now just about perfect as indeed is the whole photograph. I also am not seeing the purple hue mentioned by others above, but then I do have some blue/green colour blindness, don't know if that affects my judgment in that region.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  10. r.helgason

r.helgason Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 7, 2010
    Iceland
    perfect work very nice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.