Inntel Hotel Zaandam, The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by AmstelBright, Oct 3, 2012.

1. AmstelBright

AmstelBright Mu-43 Regular

Façade(s) by AmstelBright, on Flickr

M.Zuiko 40-150mm @82mm. However, my framing was wrong, so I actually stitched three photos together. I wanted to make a square crop, but that was just too narrow to work, so this is as square as it could get.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    That's great - it looks like a model.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    +1 - I thought it was a toy at first. Awesome design, great shot, great color! :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    I love this too, BUT . . . It seems to be 'leaning' a bit to the right. Am I the only one?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AmstelBright

AmstelBright Mu-43 Regular

Thank you all for your comments.

About the leaning: I framed the photo in Lightroom, so unless the Lightroom gridlines are leaning, the photo really should be straight. I think this is more a kind of optical illusion caused by the remnants of depth in this essentially two-dimensional picture (especially the ridges on the right-hand side of the building).

Anyway, here's another view of this place, this time as 3D as I could make it:
    Stacked by AmstelBright, on Flickr
  6. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Wow! Looks like a toy or doll house from this angle :2thumbs:

7. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    :2thumbs: :eek: :2thumbs: I like ! Thanks so much for sharing! :smile:

8. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    I think the leaning effect comes from the building overhanging and the right and the white clouds merging with the white page background. I might be a good exercise to try to add a frame to the image?

Lovely work.