Infrared with Converted G1 and 14-45

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ddb, Jun 8, 2013.

1. I've had my 590nm infrared converted G1 for two weeks and I'm having more fun than I've had in years. What I like most is the ability to shoot in the middle of the day in the worst light and still come away with gorgeous shots. Here's a few from this afternoon.

2. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    Very nice shots! I've also got a G1 that I was thinking of converting and I was wondering where did you have it done. I'm thinking of Spencers Camera since they've gotten good reviews.
  3. Mine was done by Kolarivision in New Jersey. I decided on the 590nm because I seem to prefer color infrared to black & white.
  4. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    LOVE THESE! I have an old G1... [strokes chin and considers]

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
  6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Number 2 is truly great, does it ever raise?
  7. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    I have been looking at places in the UK that convert cameras as I am wanting to convert my GF1, leaning more towards colour conversion than b&W. That might be the filter to go for thanks for sharing.
  8. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I considered this some time ago, had a conversation with someone that sells converted cameras on eBay (infraready) but ended up deciding against it as it was going to be a pretty expensive move for something that would probably only get used a handful of times, and I'm still quite fond of the GF-1.

In the end I just bought a converted Canon A-series P&S. I've only used it a couple of times and I think I should've gone for a colour conversion over the B&W in hindsight though.