Infrared conversion

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Looking to convert an older E-PL3 to IR, with a internal filter probably from Life Pixel.

Any advice on which filter to go for. Am I right in thinking that if I go for the Supercolour (590nm) one, I can then use a Std 720nm filter on the lens if I want to?

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
My preference has always been for a full spectrum conversion. This is what I have on my modified GF2 and allows me to play with a wide variety of filters a 25A (590nm) is my most used, but I also switch to things like BG3, or #47 both of which give blues as well as the IR. An effect not possibly with a more restrictive conversion. There have even been occasions I've used it without a filter for more normal looking shots like these
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Full Spectrum grid by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

View from Carnasserie castle_stitch small by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Both show changes from the IR component but they're more subtle than a 590... :)

Evan614

Mu-43 Regular
I got my PM2 converted from an ebay vendor. I cant recall but I think it was full spectrum conversion. I use a 720nm filter on the front end of my lens most of the time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom