Info required on starting a blog etc.

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by cambuff82, Apr 4, 2010.

1. cambuff82

cambuff82 New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2010
    I have two question about blogs.
    1) How does one set up ablog and maintain it.?
    2) How can one see all the entries in a members blog.?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Good question ! I'm too looking forward to replies from others.
    Happy Easter !
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Setting up a blog

Good morning (for me) camebuff8 and Herman - The How To of setting up a Blog should start with reading (and clicking on) the 3 stickies at the top of the Site Information forum, to be aware of site guidelines on copyright, and various other things such as how to embed photos, upload to galleries and more.. Very important information.

The next step would be to click on the Blogs tab at the top of the site's page which will bring you here to the main blog page: On this page you'll see different options and methods of seeing all the blogs, subscribing to them, etc.

I don't think we actually have a "How To Set up a Blog" explanation. Although I have one for the Photo A Day Group, I have to say that I am not the most sophisticated user, but if you click on the little "cog" in the Options window on the Blogs page, I believe this is where one gets started in setting up and customizing one's blog.

Take a look in there while you're awaiting some more competent help.:smile: I set mine up by trying out different options and choices and then settled on a rather mundane style because I couldn't be bothered customizing it. I just plugged in a few parameters and there it was!

No doubt as the day/evening goes on you'll get some more specifics, but this should start you off.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If you click on the Blogs tab at the upper right corner of this page and then look at the left column of the screen, you'll see a list under the heading "Options". There are three options under that heading that help you set up and maintain your blog:

• [​IMG] Your Blog: Click on this to view your own blog
    • [​IMG] Post to your Blog: Click on this to make a blog post
    • [​IMG] Blog Control Panel: Click on this to see other configurable settings for your blog
    Your blog already exists. It has been pre-configured with the default settings. All you have to do to get it started is click on "Post to your Blog" and post something, just as you would do in a forum post. To add subsequent blog posts, just repeat that process.

When you click on "Blog Control Panel" and then look to the left column of the screen, you'll now see a new list of options under the heading "Blog Control Panel". You can explore these options over time. The only one which I suggest setting up at the outset is the "Blog Title and Description", which is self-explanatory.
    • Like Like x 2