Infinity Focus (?)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SCT, Oct 7, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    I guess all lenses I have focusing at infinity (∞). I thought at infinity, everything is in focus or a majority. I tried infinity on my Konica 40/1.8, at infinity everything is blurred. I have to dial it back some then everything is nicely focused. Same thing with my Oly 14-42 II R which is a native lenses but it did the same thing.
  2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    If an adapter is made too short, an adapted lens won't focus to infinity. Since most adapters are made for next to nothing in China, they aren't precision made and they always err on the long side. That guarantees that the adapted lens will always focus to infinity, but it also means that most adapted lenses will actually focus past infinity. Better too long than too short.
  3. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Some lenses can focus past infinity, which you might be running into with the Konica, depending on the thickness of the adapter used. Dial it back a little. :)
  4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but most of the lenses I use on MFT (native and adapter) actually focus a little bit past infinity...
  5. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011