Infinity and beyond?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by bbrovold, Mar 4, 2010.

1. bbrovold

bbrovold Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    I have an adapter for E-P2 for Nikon SLR lenses and the 50 1.4 will focus past infinity. This is inconvenient since you can't just raise and shoot at things far away.
    Do all the adapted lenses have this "feature"? I would like to get a CV Nockton 40 1.4 but I would have second thoughts if it focused past infinity.

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    This is probably an issue with the adapter. I have read where some were not manufactured to the right specs.....
    Maybe try a different Nikon lens...
    I'm 90% it's the adapter

3. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    As streetshooter said Definitely the adapter. Some Chinese made ones are good some aren't. If you're worried get a cv adapter

4. bbrovold

bbrovold Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Thanks for the input. I'm sure I didn't get fine engineering at only $36 so I can accept it is the adapter. I think I will send the Nikon lenses back to their intended use and order the CV Nokton and the CV adapter. You get what you pay for.

5. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    beyond infinity means the adaptor is too short. IFF the adaptor has a front section which screws off...

RJAdaptorScrews.

you could remove the front section, put a thin shim (I made one from a carefully cut coke can for my OM adaptor, cuts easily with scissors ) and put it back ... perfect

PS ... never EVER let your wife see you do this with her dress making scissors ... not that I would ever do that.

just FYI

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2009/06/rj-camera-fd-adaptor.html

6. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    "Focusing beyond infinity" could be a nice philosophical concept...
    But some adapter producers advertise it as a feature. Indeed, if it's not from a very serious or official producer, I think some small negative margin is preferable, cause the risk is you can't focus at infinity...
    Now, the thin shim/missus scissors technique looks interesting...
    :smile: