1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Inexpensive Leica M-mount adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jonathanrk, Jul 2, 2012.

1. jonathanrk

jonathanrk New to Mu-43

May 16, 2012
    I used a cheap Fotodiox Leica M to Sony E-mount adapter and was quite pleased. It was nothing amazing, but it had fairly little play, felt decent, and was generally everything I needed.

I bought the equivalent M to µ4/3rds adapter and was horrified by the amount of play in the mount. It lets my small Voigtlander 35/1.4 wiggle perhaps a full millimeter on my new E-M5. It feels downright terrible on the camera.

Meanwhile, the idea of paying nearly $200 for a small piece of machined metal with a name brand label (be it Panasonic or Voigtlander) is ridiculous.

Can anyone here comment on their luck with different affordable M to µ4/3rds adapters? Should I try another Fotodiox copy, expecting that their manufacturing is imprecise enough that it will likely come out quite different from the one I already have?

2. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    I actually got a Fotodiox adapter as well for my M lenses, and have had no problems. Maybe try again? I also have good Fotodiox adapters for Olympus Pen F and Nikon, with no issues. Hope you get a better fit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.