Inexpensive Leica M-mount adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jonathanrk, Jul 2, 2012.

1. jonathanrk

jonathanrk New to Mu-43

May 16, 2012
    I used a cheap Fotodiox Leica M to Sony E-mount adapter and was quite pleased. It was nothing amazing, but it had fairly little play, felt decent, and was generally everything I needed.

I bought the equivalent M to µ4/3rds adapter and was horrified by the amount of play in the mount. It lets my small Voigtlander 35/1.4 wiggle perhaps a full millimeter on my new E-M5. It feels downright terrible on the camera.

Meanwhile, the idea of paying nearly $200 for a small piece of machined metal with a name brand label (be it Panasonic or Voigtlander) is ridiculous.

Can anyone here comment on their luck with different affordable M to µ4/3rds adapters? Should I try another Fotodiox copy, expecting that their manufacturing is imprecise enough that it will likely come out quite different from the one I already have?
  2. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    I actually got a Fotodiox adapter as well for my M lenses, and have had no problems. Maybe try again? I also have good Fotodiox adapters for Olympus Pen F and Nikon, with no issues. Hope you get a better fit.