1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Industar 50mm f/2.8 26M

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Laurentiu Cristofor, May 31, 2012.

1. Laurentiu Cristofor

Laurentiu Cristofor Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Despite its age the Industar 26M still delivers:

6963383579_4393d83e87.

6963383643_424dea5b7e.

6963383665_3dc0cd0468.

• Like Like x 5
  2. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

Beautiful images! I find my 26M to be low contrast in most situations - did you push the contrast/saturation of these images in Photoshop?

3. Laurentiu Cristofor

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks. I shot these on an outcast day and I think the contrast was good considering the light. I have yet to use this lens on a bright day. As far as processing goes, I just changed the curve with gimp, as I always do - that changes contrast. I didn't change saturation. I always adjust the curve because I shoot with no curve applied and results are always flat OOC.

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I just ordered a 61 L/D -- LTM to use on my old Leica IIIb, but I've got the M43 adapter for ltm lenses and will definitely be trying it out on the E-P2 and E-M5.

Your shots are quite good. Love the middle one in particular -- great colors and zany shapes. Just lovely.

5. Laurentiu Cristofor

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks. Note that the 61 L/D is radioactive - L stands for Lanthanum. I had one and it seemed on par with the 26M. The Jupiters seem slightly better - the 8 should be easy to find and is faster (f/2) and then there is the even faster 3 version (f/1.5). The main drawback for all of these are the rather long minimum focusing distances.

6. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I read that they are the same optical design with different coatings, though I've not researched the matter further. I've heard the radioactive glass is not a problem, though I may see if I can get someone at the national lab nearby to test it for me. It will be something I use occasionally in lieu of the 1932 50mm Elmar f3.5 that I have, which has very low contrast and a fair amount of flare. In defense of the old lens, though, it should be noted that the old thick emulsion films of its day had huge latitude and could be developed to a contrast level that is difficult to print on modern silver emulsion papers.

7. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    The 61 L/D is a fine lens. It's not that fast, but it is really sharp and has a nice bokeh.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/slorenzi/6113495569/" title="Bottles everywhere por sLorenzi, no Flickr"> 6113495569_258f5a4350_b. "1024" height="782" alt="Bottles everywhere"></a>

• Like Like x 2
  8. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Excellent output. This lens is very good indeed, but the eye of the photographer is even better. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    My Industar 61 L/D arrived today and I can't wait to do some serious work with it. In the meantime, I ran out the front door and shot these, of this year's non-garden. I like the feel of the lens, and the way it handles, on both the Leica IIIb I really bought it for, and on the E-M5, where it is wonderfully small compared to the Zuiko OM 50 with adapter. The color output of the lens on the digital sensor is quite good; the bokeh looks good to me (nothing weird going on); and it's sharp. I'm guessing it will be a lens I use a lot, and probably only the first of my FSU acquistions.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    I just ordered this lens nd plsn to use it on my omd. What mode do you use it in? A or M? Any additional advise is greatly appreciated):

11. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    my copy of Industar-61 LTM is not that sharp wide open but OK stopped down. Low contrast tho, compared to a modern lens.
    With a bit of post production to increase the contrast my lens is usable for portrait work.
    It was very cheap, shipped from Armenia, of all places! took a while (8 weeks) to arrive. Early "zebra" version with 10 blades aperture.

23879229231_d0277354d9_b. by gnarlydog, on Flickr