Industar 26 52mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by demiro, Jan 4, 2011.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I picked up an Industar 26 52mm f2.8 in M42 mount with an EOS adapter to try on my 40D. The lens will only focus at a range of approx 6 - 8 inches. I have never experienced a "broken" lens before, so I'm trying to figure out what I have here. Any ideas? It is totally out of focus beyond 8 inches or so, and not at all adjustable at that point. Any reason to think it would be different on my E-PL1?

Thanks.

2. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    I think I figured this out, but hoping someone can confirm it for me. I think these 52mm Industar lenses are all M39 mount. The lens fits on an M42 adapter but the focus is all screwed up because of the different depth of the adapters.

3. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Yes, like you said, Industar 26 is Leica Mount and won't work in EOS system, but works fine in :43:, since the distance from the sensor on this system is smaller than in Leica Thread Mount.
    Best regards

4. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, Leica Mount = M39, which is not adaptable for EOS?

5. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Yes, you won't have the lens close enough of the sensor to focus correctly in EOS. And LTM ou Leica Thread are the same, but note that there is also m39 for old Zenits which have the same flange as the M42 (Pentax mount), and they won't work on each other. These Zenit m39 will work in EOS though.

6. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks for the information. It is even more confusing that I thought! :confused: