1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

India - November 2016

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Antonio Correia, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Antonio Correia

Antonio Correia Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
    My wife and myself we will be travelling to India, again, next November.

I will take my Panasonic GX7 and two zoom lenses. The 7-14 and the 24-40 both f/2.8 from Olympus.

I regret but I can't take neither the Panasonic Zeiss 42.5 f/1.2 nor the Panasonic Zeiss 15mm, as the pack becomes too heavy.

I am not sure but perhaps - just perhaps - I will also take an Olympus 5 OMD-II which I will be borrowing from a friend of mines.

With these two cameras and the two zooms I have much versatility.

However, I must not forget the chargers as well the 13" MacBookPro and the iPhone. Too many things to drag and carry, I am afraid...

I am needing a new bag for this combo. With the ever increasing restrictions for the flights to travel with photographic equipment is more and more difficult.

I have been searching and found this thinktank rolling case to be quite good.

But the size is a bit away from cabin restrictions. And I am not willing to pay for the baggage!
    Must be a roller case to drag in the long corridors of airports.
    Any suggestions, please ?

I will be flying Emirates in the hennery (economy class)

Airport Navigatorâ„¢

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    you mean the panasonic leice 15mm? It's not that big of a lens, surely you can find some space for that somewhere?

3. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Will you be carrying a camera bag while visiting your destinations in India? If so, you can consider a roll-on with a laptop sleeve and packing your camera bag in there as well. The last time I flew Emirates to India, I carried on a Samsonite like this one. It fits my 13" Lenovo (same size as the 13" MacBook) with ease and left plenty of room for other stuff.

I would be more concerned about the weight. The Think Tank case above weighs 3.7kg, with the two bodies and the lenses coming in at 2 kg and the laptop + charger at another 2 kg which will put you over the 7kg limit. One suggestion to get around this is to use/buy a camera case which holds just a body + lens as this is always allowed in the additional item list and is exempt from the weight check.

Hope you have a good trip to India.

4. Antonio Correia

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
    Yes I mean that one.
    Indeed it is small and easy to slip into a trousers pocket ! :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  5. Antonio Correia

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
    Good point. Thank you. :)
    I do have a small bag to place around my waist for one camera+lens. Not sophisticated but good enough.
    You made me remember that my wife has a Samsonite which we do not use so often and it may be good for the purpose.
    It has travelled a lot but with the flight restrictions it has been put away.

I have been checking it and I found that the interior bottom is rather hard for cameras or laptop. The two rods and very present and may damage the equipment.
    But that gave me an idea:
    I will DIM - Do It Myself :) - a foam cochain where the camera will be sitting.
    The laptop can go just on the 1.st pocket.
    Thank you for reming me that there was a Samsonite in the house !
    In fact, it was my wife who used it often but has not been used lately.
    i-XMbnRvw-M. i-zZ6DtvH-M.