India - November 2016

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Antonio Correia, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Antonio Correia

Antonio Correia Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
    My wife and myself we will be travelling to India, again, next November.

I will take my Panasonic GX7 and two zoom lenses. The 7-14 and the 24-40 both f/2.8 from Olympus.

I regret but I can't take neither the Panasonic Zeiss 42.5 f/1.2 nor the Panasonic Zeiss 15mm, as the pack becomes too heavy.

I am not sure but perhaps - just perhaps - I will also take an Olympus 5 OMD-II which I will be borrowing from a friend of mines.

With these two cameras and the two zooms I have much versatility.

However, I must not forget the chargers as well the 13" MacBookPro and the iPhone. Too many things to drag and carry, I am afraid...

I am needing a new bag for this combo. With the ever increasing restrictions for the flights to travel with photographic equipment is more and more difficult.

I have been searching and found this thinktank rolling case to be quite good.

But the size is a bit away from cabin restrictions. And I am not willing to pay for the baggage!
    Must be a roller case to drag in the long corridors of airports.
    Any suggestions, please ?

I will be flying Emirates in the hennery (economy class)

i-W35Qtpv-L.jpg i-xBSWbBX-L.jpg i-dBKtVsJ-XL.png

Airport Navigator™

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    you mean the panasonic leice 15mm? It's not that big of a lens, surely you can find some space for that somewhere?

3. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Will you be carrying a camera bag while visiting your destinations in India? If so, you can consider a roll-on with a laptop sleeve and packing your camera bag in there as well. The last time I flew Emirates to India, I carried on a Samsonite like this one. It fits my 13" Lenovo (same size as the 13" MacBook) with ease and left plenty of room for other stuff.

I would be more concerned about the weight. The Think Tank case above weighs 3.7kg, with the two bodies and the lenses coming in at 2 kg and the laptop + charger at another 2 kg which will put you over the 7kg limit. One suggestion to get around this is to use/buy a camera case which holds just a body + lens as this is always allowed in the additional item list and is exempt from the weight check.

Hope you have a good trip to India.

4. Antonio Correia

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
    Yes I mean that one.
    Indeed it is small and easy to slip into a trousers pocket ! :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  5. Antonio Correia

Jun 19, 2016
    Setubal - Portugal
    Good point. Thank you. :)
    I do have a small bag to place around my waist for one camera+lens. Not sophisticated but good enough.
    You made me remember that my wife has a Samsonite which we do not use so often and it may be good for the purpose.
    It has travelled a lot but with the flight restrictions it has been put away.

I have been checking it and I found that the interior bottom is rather hard for cameras or laptop. The two rods and very present and may damage the equipment.
    But that gave me an idea:
    I will DIM - Do It Myself :) - a foam cochain where the camera will be sitting.
    The laptop can go just on the 1.st pocket.
    Thank you for reming me that there was a Samsonite in the house !
    In fact, it was my wife who used it often but has not been used lately.
    i-XMbnRvw-M.jpg i-zZ6DtvH-M.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.