1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Incredible resolution, 5k and beyond

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by oto02, Apr 1, 2014.

1. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    Hi guys,

I got my new m43 camera and a brand new prime portrait lens and look at the result. Impressive?

Now seriously, I come across to see this picture. Note that I said picture not photo. Would you believe, before I told you that is a paint?
    Indeed, they are paintings not photos, and look incredible real. I don't have the translation of the website, but it's worth it having a look.
    Unreal!

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/mp/appmsg/s...inglemessage&isappinstalled=0#wechat_redirect

Attached Files:

2. Ares

Ares Mu-43 Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    reminds me of this Ipad art.
    [video=youtube;uEdRLlqdgA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdRLlqdgA4[/video]

3. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    Why is this in the Native Lens Sample Image Archive sub-forum? Me thinks this needs to be moved...

4. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    Me thinks, that sometimes, a bit of salt, would make life tastier.
    And as photography is art, doesn't have only zero and ones.
    Happy days!!

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Be cautious, I clicked on the link and Malwarebytes blocked something potentially malicious.

6. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Thanks Ray, but that link's OK, I'm Chinese and I know that website, the link is safe

• Like Like x 1
  7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    It could be one of the advertiser's links that caused the alert. My system blocks malware, as well as a bunch of other unwanted crap (especially ad sites), so it's not unusual to see warnings. Most stuff doesn't even get through and Malwarebytes stops any outgoings that might be requested by some sites.

8. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I agree with you, there could be some crappy things inserted in the page caused that warning. BTW I think Amin made a brilliant decision to have banned using HTML in the posts, otherwise we are just like asking for trouble, who knows what a page could contain.

9. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    So since 4k is the term for 8 megapixel 16:9 movies and TVs, the term used for painted people's faces on a wall is called "5k"?

10. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Sounds good to me. 6k should be selfies taken with an iphone with vaseline on the lens.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Personally, i would have added some skin softening in post....

12. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Exactly! Whitened the scleras, made the irises more vibrant. Seriously photo-101 stuff.

13. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Hey, that'd seriously be better than most of the cell phone shots I see people take of themselves!