Incorrect info in Nissin i40 for m4/3 manual I think.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hillwalkinggirl, Oct 25, 2014.

1. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    Incorrect info in Nissin i40 manual I think.

On page 8 manual zoom they give the zoom equivalents as follows.
    24mm (12mm)
    50mm (25mm)
    80mm (40mm)
    105mm (53mm)
    They then say Focal length 24-105mm which is according to 35mm CCD format.
    For 4/3 focal length distance is indicated in ( )
    I thought that it should be the other way round eg, 50mm length = 100mm in 35mm equivalent not 25mm.

Am I being daft?

2. toyanucci

toyanucci Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    The flash is the same one used on other formats so I guess they use the standard 35mm lengths as the default measurements and the ones in brackets corresponds to the particular sensor size for the different cameras. No biggie though, it works out to the same thing regardless of whether they put the 35mm equivalents in the brackets or outside the brackets lol.

One thing though, I like the size of the flash but I find it's not as bright as the neewer flash I had before, or maybe it's the way my em1 metres stuff, who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  3. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    The thing I don't get though is if for example I have a 50mm lens on the camera and am doing off camera manual flash with triggers, it says in my manual that I need to manually adjust the zoom. Now I would have thought that the 50mm lens was 100mm (35mm equivalent) on micro 4/3 and therefore I would need to set the zoom to 105mm and not 25mm.:confused:

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The flash isn't labelled consistently versus the manual. In the 4/3 version manual they refer to the real focal length on 4/3 (e.g 25mm) but on the flash unit that means 50mm because the flash doesn't have 4/3 focal length labels...

• Like Like x 1