In which I pretend to be a portrait photographer....

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by lattiboy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    A friend of mine needed some publicity shots for her new book, so I grabbed the GX7 and the Oly 25/45/75 lenses and headed into downtown Seattle on what could easily be described as the crappiest day of weather I've seen in years. Cold, rainy, windy. Ugh.

Anyway, we shot a bit in the massive Seattle Public Library (thanks silent mode!) and the a bit of street stuff. The florescent lights and bizarre paint job in the library was incredibly challenging, so I ended up doing a fair bit of B&W which alleviated the annoyance of color correction.

All in all, I wasn't thrilled with the results, but it was fun to process the living hell out of the files.

• Like Like x 4
  2. 少林chris

少林chris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2013
    Los Angeles / Copenhagen
    Bokeh rings looks beautiful in image 4, was it with the 45? Your trouble with color correction is something I think a lot of "serious" mirrorless shooters have as well. Likewise with Fuji, there are times where I just can't produce same colors SOOC as on full-frame, but then again I'm no post-processing wizard.
    On those rainy, cold days, don't forget to drop by a cafe and take a couple coffee breaks. Good excuse to review photos and warm up!
  3. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Looks like the 75mm signature to me
  4. amphibulous

amphibulous Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    I think they're all excellent shots except the last - the low pov and that diagonal pattern don't combine well. The tousled hair shot is especially good - at least if the authorial image is supposed to be positive and friendly. It wouldn't suit eg "Satanism 101."

Talking of which, what's the book??
  5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    #4 for me! I also like #5, but maybe tone down the blacks a bit (a little too crunched)