In which I pretend to be a portrait photographer....

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by lattiboy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. lattiboy

lattiboy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2009
    A friend of mine needed some publicity shots for her new book, so I grabbed the GX7 and the Oly 25/45/75 lenses and headed into downtown Seattle on what could easily be described as the crappiest day of weather I've seen in years. Cold, rainy, windy. Ugh.

Anyway, we shot a bit in the massive Seattle Public Library (thanks silent mode!) and the a bit of street stuff. The florescent lights and bizarre paint job in the library was incredibly challenging, so I ended up doing a fair bit of B&W which alleviated the annoyance of color correction.

All in all, I wasn't thrilled with the results, but it was fun to process the living hell out of the files.

1)
    ijiYrBSh.jpg

2)
    MDQhz8qh.jpg

3)
    AGNAPfyh.jpg

4)
    lfyVMcqh.jpg

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    View attachment 449962

7)
    c51DJ6yh.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. 少林chris

少林chris Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2013
    Los Angeles / Copenhagen
    Chris
    Bokeh rings looks beautiful in image 4, was it with the 45? Your trouble with color correction is something I think a lot of "serious" mirrorless shooters have as well. Likewise with Fuji, there are times where I just can't produce same colors SOOC as on full-frame, but then again I'm no post-processing wizard.
    On those rainy, cold days, don't forget to drop by a cafe and take a couple coffee breaks. Good excuse to review photos and warm up!

3. siftu

siftu Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    siftu
    Looks like the 75mm signature to me

4. amphibulous

amphibulous Mu-43 Regular

Dec 16, 2015
    I think they're all excellent shots except the last - the low pov and that diagonal pattern don't combine well. The tousled hair shot is especially good - at least if the authorial image is supposed to be positive and friendly. It wouldn't suit eg "Satanism 101."

Talking of which, what's the book??

5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    #4 for me! I also like #5, but maybe tone down the blacks a bit (a little too crunched)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.