In the woods with the GX850

P9F4

Mu-43 Rookie
Hey all, :)

just wanted to share same thoughts on the GX850 with the Panasonic 20mm 1.7 - a really nice combo, which I definitely have to use more often.
I bought the camera a few years ago but didn’t use it all that much; didn’t realise at the time how much I rely on IBIS.

Since today was a rainy day but I really wanted to take a stroll in the woods, I took the GX850 with me. The (really!) tiny size helped a great deal, since one can put it in the pocket of a jacket with one of the pancakes.
Here are a few pics from today (nothing spectacular, just to show how well it served its purpose):

P1100704.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1100717.jpg

P1100733.jpg

P1100807.jpg

P1100870.jpg

P1100883.jpg

P1100911.jpg

P1100938.jpg

P1100940.jpg

(Resized the images, hope they look okay!)

Since the light wasn’t good and it was relatively dark, I just used shutter priority and auto ISO to ensure sharp images.

Using the camera as a point and shoot works like a charm, it feels very capable and most of the time I’m very happy with the images it produces.
Honestly: I really think Panasonic does this camera line a huge disservice in marketing it only for people upgrading from a phone. The line up is very capable and can produce high IQ photos.

Also…that Panasonic 20mm is really something special. I get why people call it a gem. Ridiculously sharp wide open including good corners and the “look” it produces is very nice.

P9F4

Mu-43 Rookie
Very nice. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!

I've read the forums for several months - the community seems very nice and I've learned A LOT; and now want to give something back (as emotional as that may sound). :)

Nice job!
The first one is a stunner especially.
Your set really shows off the personality and power of the little pancake. Essentially DSLR-quality in your pocket.
When buying used, it's probably one of the best bang-for-buck combos, as well.
Lastly, while I am an Olympus guy myself, I adore the clean and sleek lines of the Lumix line. The GX800/850 with the little step in the casing is the best looking, in my opinion.
Welcome to the forums!

P9F4

Mu-43 Rookie
Thank you @shreebles!
I've used an E-M 10 II for years, still have it (brilliant camera). :)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom