In the Green - 9 - Edited for a little conjuring Celtic. :)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by MarkB1, Oct 3, 2012.

1. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Some more green than others. It’s a colour that can’t be avoided. It’s everywhere, even if it looks like no nature could live here – if here were a hole in a wall – there it is, green – if only a speck to start with. Nature’s primary colour.

And between the Sun and Earth, with some influence of the Moon and planets, all the other colours arise, each having its own place of being – like leaves on a Sunflower stalk, or orbits about the sun.

And it is all done inside, deep in the psyche that is the inner of deep solar space. It’s where colour is made, first. Then it happens ‘out’ here. In other words it is created in the act of seeing.

A form of intellectual materialism. Reality having its basis in the pure (of thought) intellect and sense providing the canvas for the projection. We are projective beings.

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

8. [​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

Intellectual materialism, the term or name given to the inner process by which we build or materialize the World - of work, business, politics, relationship. Also accounts, at a deeper level of the pure psyche, for the materialization of the Earth.

The World is not the Earth, it's what we built on it. If you close your eyes you may, or may not, see a little green in the void. It may be a flash, or a slow pulsing haze, or a spot in the blackness. That's the essential Earth from which all the magical forms we sense are born.

But you can't believe a word I say, because I might be a bulls*itter. A teller of tall tales, an Irishman. :)
    • Like Like x 18
  2. sueifong

sueifong Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    very very nice indeed!
  3. lefty

lefty Mu-43 Regular

what camera/lens?
  4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

In the blog post ... "I am now also using the Panny G1, with Oly macro lenses and the famous Kiron 105/f2.8 1:1 manual lens" plus some close-up lenses.
  5. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Very impressive macros.
  6. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel

great photos and blog.
    After reading the explanation on your technique I still don't understand how you work the light.
    Since you shot very close your lens is in the way of the light. What technique to you use to redirect the light.
  7. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Absolutely fantastic macro shots, why is it just as I decided not to get the 60mm Macro someone like you shows amazing shots like that and makes me think I need to reconsider.

Very impressed thanks for sharing.

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Incredible macro shots - wow! :bravo-009:
  9. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Also see half way down the first page, posted in June '09 so it has aged and morphed a few times but the basics are the same.

I also use a variety of other legacy macro lenses with varying achromats and snoot/diffusers.

10. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi, see here Post Your Set Up! - FM Forums it's explained, and the post above.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010
    Thanks for comments all.
  12. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Stunning stuffs :eek::

13. MarkB1

MarkB1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 30, 2010