In the backyard ...

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Some images from the backyard, still very satisfied with the shallow depth of field possible with the f1.7/20mm.

Cheers
Ruediger

wdvaughn

New to Mu-43
Looks better than anything I've done in my backyard with Olympus 17mm. Is there really that big a difference between the 1.7.and 2.8? Of course could be relative skill of the photog - my E-PL1 is first non-P&S camera.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Looks better than anything I've done in my backyard with Olympus 17mm. Is there really that big a difference between the 1.7.and 2.8? ...
Yes that can make a difference if you go for shallow depth of field. It is not only the difference of f1.7 and f2.8 but also between 20mm and 17mm and probably the minimal focus distance of the lens. I do not know how near you can go with the 17mm lens but all of the above images are done around the nearest focus distance of the 20mm.

Cheers
Ruediger

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
Great images, as always. I've become a real fan of your work. I'd like to do more with b+w, if there were world enough and time, but I don't have a clue how to achieve that lustrous tonality.

Do you use some special processing to get that glow?

rst

Mu-43 Regular
... Do you use some special processing to get that glow?
Not that I am aware of. Part of that glow may come from the unsharp areas in the images and the special bokeh of the Panasonic 20mm lens. The other part might be the split toning with a warm color in the highlights and a more cold color in the shadows. It is a kind of a standard processing, so I do not have to invest too much time.

Cheers
Ruediger

PS: And in the meantime, thanks for the kind comments.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Maybe I continue with a few more images. And since we were talking about bokeh and the 20mm lens, here is an example of the bokeh of an adapted lens, an old Tamron f4/80-200mm with a Nikon mount. The nice part about this lens, the near focus distance is only 90cm, which is pretty close for a non-macro lens of that focal length.

Cheers
Ruediger

Latest threads

Top Bottom