In search of alternative to amazon prime

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
I managed to send my lens cap for my 40-150-f2.8 to the watery depths today and need a replacement so only $14 on amazon but 18 to 36 days for delivery OR for only $28 more I can get it in 9 to 14 days. I just ordered a motorcycle part from Italy and that only took a week with free shipping so any alternatives? I am going out of the country in about 10 days and would like to have a cap. Thanks.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
I am fond of the metal screw on lens caps. They usually are not much more expensive than plastic caps ($7-$8 USD vs. $3-$8 for plastic) but stay on very securely and can take a hard knock. Draw back is they do not come off (or go on) quickly but I tend to remove the cap when walking around with my camera and put the cap in my pocket for the duration, only putting it back on when I am done for the day. Since I often throw my camera loose into a backpack, the metal caps won't pop off like a lot of the plastic ones can and do.

I am also found of the double cap stacks aka filter stack caps (where one is the reverse of the lens cap and can screw them together) when carrying around filters, especially for the large ones like 72mm. I can carry around a couple (say a polarizer and a 3-stop ND) screwed together and sandwiched by the metal caps. Super protective, compact, and can slide into any free spot in your bag, coat, or even the back pocket of my jeans and if I accidentally sit on it, my butt is more likely to be damaged.

Example of the stack:
Sensei72mm Filter Stack Caps

jdcope

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jon
I managed to send my lens cap for my 40-150-f2.8 to the watery depths today and need a replacement so only $14 on amazon but 18 to 36 days for delivery OR for only $28 more I can get it in 9 to 14 days. I just ordered a motorcycle part from Italy and that only took a week with free shipping so any alternatives? I am going out of the country in about 10 days and would like to have a cap. Thanks.

You are looking for an alternative to Prime? Prime is two day shipping. I just don't think you are going to find anything that fast without paying for it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom