In New Orleans with G1, but my battery and charger are in Baltimore. Now what?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tilling, Mar 20, 2010.

1. tilling

tilling Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 20, 2010
    What do I do? I'm staying in the central business district not far from the French Quarter; the conference hotel is on Poydras St.
    Is there a camera shop I can reasonably get to (without a car) that would actually have the battery and could charge it for me?
    I already tried some of the Canal St. places, but they didn't have the Panasonic battery, tried to charge me more for their off-brand version than the Panasonic costs, and wanted to sell me some different charger that you could just barely wedge the battery into.

(By the way, this is entirely my fault. I left the battery charging overnight and never put it back in. Makes me think I could use a spare battery anyway.)

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    How long are you down there for?
    I could send you my spare battery and charger on Monday overnight...
    Let me know...
    email bluezdon19111@yahoo.com
    don

• Like Like x 2
  3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    get online an get it overnighted, or accept the kindly offer above

wish you luck

4. tilling

tilling Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 20, 2010
    Wow Streetshooter, that is one really generous offer. Are you sure you want to make an offer like that to someone with 1 post?
    I presumably have a day to decide :) and see what comes up. Thanks.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

tilling, welcome to the friendly forums of mu43.com!:biggrin: Streetshooter is a prince among men, that's for sure.

Please, let us know what you do and promise to post some photos when you can, OK?

6. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Man that is some bad luck. You would think in a town as big as New Orleans there would be a battery and charger for you at a fair price. I would look on Newegg. They might have it and they have warehouses in California, New Jersey and Canada. They can next day stuff but only if turned in early and on a weekday. Amazon too.