1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

In Matlock Bath

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by JimRead, Jun 1, 2014.

1. JimRead

JimRead Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2014
    Derbyshire UK
    Jim Read
    Hello all,

This is Tilly in Matlock Bath a couple of weeks ago, she wanted some grim and grot. We found these steps and this is one of the pics we made there.

2hx8sxi.

There's a before and after here, hold your mouse over the image to see the editing.

http://www.jasread.com/edit/

Cheers - Jim

• Like Like x 3
  2. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Tilly has a very pretty face but the guy who captured her images for her online portfolio needs a good kick in the 'nads.

Talk about distracting backgrounds and unflattering poses! Sorry for being OT but it annoyed me.:mad:

3. JimRead

JimRead Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2014
    Derbyshire UK
    Jim Read
    Hello,

Many thanks for your comment, but sadly you've missed the whole point of the image, Grim and Grot it's not exactly much to take in is it!

Young people don't just want glamour they also want to show that they can project differing emotions given the surroundings they find themselves in, Tilly is studying to be an actor.

May I suggest with the greatest respect that you look at some of the self imaging young people do and see what they are actually doing.

Cheers - Jim

• Like Like x 1
  4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Sorry Jim but you missed the whole point of my comment. :wink:

I wasn't criticising the image you posted, I was having a go at the person who took her portfolio images - hence my apologies for going 'Off Topic'.

Ah well, some days are just like that...

5. JimRead

JimRead Mu-43 Rookie

May 31, 2014
    Derbyshire UK
    Jim Read
    Hello,

Please accept my sincere apologies for misreading your message.

After the shoot I organised a batch of 12" x 18" prints for Tilly which she can take to auditions. Apparently producers look favourably on actors who can produce a range of printed photographic work. I really enjoyed the shoot and creating what came up as we wlaked around th town. We agreed on a waif outside the door for this one.

Best wishes - Jim