In first month problems with my omd is yours similar?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Vonwallace, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Vonwallace

Vonwallace New to Mu-43

Mar 26, 2013
    Problem one

Sometimes when taking a picture inside, I click the button half way it searches for focus and then takes the picture. Mind you I only clicked the button half way. Does this on the grip button and on camera one. Never had this occur in good lighting. It will do this on several picture attempts and then go back to normal. Only taking a picture when pressed all the way down. (does this quite often with low lighting)

Problem two

I had the 75-300 zoom attached the new version II I turned the camera on and the display had the overlay with info but no picture, it was blank. Turned the camera of and on about 4 times and it did the same thing. As I was about to give up, I turned the zoom lens to zoom in and the image appeared. (did this one time)

Problem three

Was outside taking a picture and the overlay was there but the screen was too dark to see the image, I had to jack the exposure comp to +3 to see the real time display. (did this once)

Anyone else have similar problems?
  2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

#1 -Also happens on all bodies (depending on button configuration) inside means low light and sometimes while waiting for the hunt/seek focus I twitch from half press to full press without realizing (too much coffee).

#2 happens on all of the bodies if the lens is not fully seated - gotta make sure it is turned and and clicks into place.

#3 Also happens on all the bodies. Got live view boost turned on? menu - gears - D scroll down a bit to LIVE VIEW BOOST set to ON.

Not problems but how the beasties work. Unless there is something else going on ...
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010

Thanks Rob. You saved me a lot of typing!