1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

In case anyone from the Panny 7-14 redesign team is reading

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by ~tc~, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The new lens can happily support the high price levels with the following improvements:

Image quality same or better than current lens
    Image stabilization
    Filter thread (just cut threads in the fixed hood!)
    Brighter aperture - even if it had to be variable, a f2.0-4.0 would be much more attractive to me, as the widest angles are of significant importance indoors
    Size is OK currently, but you will lose some sales to the Oly lens for size freaks

Without the faster aperture at least, and probably IS, the price/size difference to the Oly lens makes for very stiff competition in the market, and you are definitely losing sales.

Also, please pass along that MANY of us are waiting for the bright normal zoom, we don't want any more delays!

2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    +1 for the bright normal zoom!! I suggest something like a 12-45/2.8-3.5, with IS. That would hopefully keep it on a size that's not any bigger than the 14-140. Alternatively, a 14-54/2.8-3.5, with IS.

For the 7-14, is IS really necessary for something that wide? A F2-4 plus IS would definitely make it super chunky.

3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Making it variable aperture shouldn't change the size any as its defined by the longest focal length/min aperture

4. Carol Stee

Carol Stee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 17, 2010
    The Panasonic bright zoom lens is rumored to be 12-50mm f/2.5-3.3.

Is Panasonic working on an improved version of their 7-14mm f/4 wide angle lens? If an improved version is on the way I would like to be able to attach a filter to it.