1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

In Camera Lens Corrections

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by DanGuy48, Feb 5, 2011.

1. DanGuy48

DanGuy48 Mu-43 Regular

OK, call me lazy; I might not have searched thoroughly enough but I'm not confident enough about what I've found. I just bought Lightroom 3 and was reading through the Adobe Lens Profile Creator information before I start using Lightroom.

Does the DMC-GH2 provide for in camera correction of lens aberrations (e.g. geometric distortion, chromatic aberration, etc.)? If yes, for which aberrations and is this done by default when using any Lumix micro4/3 lens, or is it something that needs to be enabled in the camera? Final question, if shooting in RAW, are these aberration corrections applied? Thanks in advance for any info.

BTW, I'm still just amazed at the technology in this system.

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Depends on the lens, but all Panny bodies can correct both distortion and chromatic aberration in body. The data is encoded in the RAW file, and many RAW converters (including Adobe) will make those corrections also.

Note that the PL45 is the only lens out there that doesn't require/use distortion correction. (it does use CA correction). I don't believe any of the Olympus lenses carry the data for CA correction (since their bodies don't do it). Not sure what the Voigtlander does