1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Impressed by the Olympus 45 f1/8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by The Minimalist, Apr 14, 2012.

1. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Took delivery of a Olympus 45mm lens today. I like the size, weight , build quality and the style of this lens. Its very different to my other lenses.

IMG_24941.JPG

How does it perform? Very well thanks and I like the colours it produces, very Olympus jpeg like and that's without messing about with the white balance on my camera.

P1020089.

P1020091.

P10200921.

P1020094.

P1020095.

P10200991.

P1020105.

P1020109.

P1020117.

P10201283.

P1020133.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Old Picker

Old Picker Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2012
    Cwmbran Wales UK
    1new_lens. Me too!
    I ordered mine yesterday, payed £10 for next day delivery and it arrived first thing this morning. It is so small, and will probably make my Canon FD 50mm redundant. It is very sharp. Even the wife saw the difference i the photo's, which is a good thing, as I can now tell her that I need better lenses:smile:
    Anyway, thanks to the forum for providing images that really swayed me to buy this little gem. I think joining this group is going to be expensive.
    btw, i only wanted the flower pot in focus.
    Old Picker

• Like Like x 1
  3. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Nice shots everyone!

4. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    • Like Like x 3
  5. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    From what I can tell, this is a must have lens :D It's not overly expensive, it looks great and it's super small! I bought this lens over a month ago, finally going to be able to use it in a few days when my camera arrives :D

6. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    My wife has noticed the difference as well, by asking why is it clearer than the others :biggrin:. It's a keeper for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome to the club.if u go thro my threads then u will see I have written that THIS IS A BENCHMARK MFT NATIVE prime . I am glad I was right from the day one. It's a difference and unique lens and THE BEST MFT prime money can buy .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

8. corns5

corns5 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2013
    Florida
    Carol
    Just got mine last night.... LOVE ♥ this lens! Here are my very first shots-

9261566163_9e6bedf0b4_b.

9264341302_893813f29a_b.

9. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Going to try mine this week end

10. rogergu

rogergu Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2013
    Super!

11. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Got mine two days ago, been too busy with work to try it out... but hitting the town tonight with just that mounted on the OM-D...in black on a black body it looks oh-so-sexaayyyy...and so tiny and light too!

12. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Yep, mine came in on Tuesday. Got it out for a very brief trial this morning at the dog park.

The dog park is not the correct venue for this focal length, a 100-300mm would be more the correct lens.

However, having bought the hammer everything started looking like a nail :biggrin:.

Crop100Percent45mmLens | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

100% crop of dog in motion. I didn't think I'd caught her but for a hand held snapshot I'm well pleased with the lens (if not with the photograph). I took 51 shots under varied settings and this may be one of my more fortunate acquisitions.

The lens is lighter and smaller than I had expected - even though I'd read the specs it's hard to appreciate until it is mounted on the E-M5 :thumbup:.

Regards,

Jim

13. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hahaha....soooo true about the hammer-nail thing...every time I buy a fast lens, I'm thinking BOKEH...BOKEH FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!!! haha...

Technically...that's an awesome pic of the dog. Speaking as an immature person...that dog's gone full derp...I love it. :D

Finally....totally agree on the size/weight thing. I saw the specs, tons of pictures, etc...and yet once I had it in my hand/on the camera/in the bag, I was shocked by how small and light it is...fast, affordable, sharp, light, small, and looks good...how often do you get a chance to own an all-around winner of a lens?? :D

14. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Speaking as an old person...I had to Google "full derp" :biggrin:.

South Park hasn't been viewed here at the Swamp since the kids all left for basic training.

It was a fun time at the park, I still have to look at some of the other photos that I made with the 45mm.

Now, of course, with the 45mm being too short for the park I'm itching to get a 60mm and see what it can do...:eek:.

Regards,

Jim