Importing ORI files

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by 211Oakland, Jun 11, 2016.

1. 211Oakland

211Oakland Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm wondering what workflows people use to import/copy ORI files from the card.

I use Lightroom and of course it doesn't import them, and so I have to manually copy them to the date-based folders with their hi res mates, and then rename the ORIs with a ORF file extension so I can use them. This on a Mac.

Wonder if anyone had some better methods, or a way to trick Lr into importing them. I've thought of batch renaming the ORIs on the card, but I always hate to mess with the card. Maybe that's paranoia though.
  2. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    You could:
    1. batch Copy the card's files to a temporary folder
    2. batch rename the ORIs to ORG
    3. Import into Lr using the Copy option to have Lr place the copies into your desired location
    4. delete the temporary folder.
    This would avoid messing with the files on the card. Controlled paranoia in this type of situation is a good thing.
  3. 211Oakland

211Oakland Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2014
    That's kind of what I do now. Although I use the "move" option so they wind up in dated folders; each card might have several days of photos. I guess I just don't understand why they couldn't have used a different file name, like P1010001_lo res.orf instead of changing the suffix, since from what I can gather they ARE ORF files. Not cool to mess with the extension.