1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

importing into LR with multiple cameras

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by agnieszka, Apr 4, 2016.

1. agnieszka

agnieszka Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Central Coast, NSW Australia
    Agnieszka
    Hi,

since i bought LR some time ago i have been importing direct from SD card to date folders (2016/2016-04/2016-04-04). now i have two OMD E-M10s and they have identical file names generated by each camera when used on the same day. however, if i choose to import into lightroom by date AND a subfolder, it makes the subfolder a parent folder, rather than a subfolder of the day folder. so it changes the overall structure i have already in place. i don't want that.

i would like to import into just one day folder, with my camera serial numbers from EXIF data as the subfolder of the final day folder. (2016/2016-04/2016-04-04/camera1, 2016/2016-04/2016-04-04/camera2, etc). is this possible using the automated import options in LR?

thanks a bunch for your opinions/suggestions.
    agnieszka.

2. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016
    Why don't you change the filenames from each camera with different names at setup menu ?
    you can find it at custom menu -> record/erase -> edit filename

• Like Like x 2
  3. agnieszka

agnieszka Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Agnieszka
    ah excellent, that works. thanks :) camera serial number is actually an option in the template! love it. love LR. what a marvel.

4. agnieszka

agnieszka Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Agnieszka
    ah you mean the camera itself. yes, that would also work but i have images i import from my phone etc, so the LR solution would be global for all my devices. :)

5. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016
    Yes i meant the camera itself , since they are producing same filename. And as far as the other devises, if they are not from the same manufacturer they probably have different names

• Like Like x 1
  6. agnieszka

agnieszka Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2015
    Agnieszka
    Another excellent point. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016