importing into LR with multiple cameras

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by agnieszka, Apr 4, 2016.

1. agnieszka

agnieszka Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

May 1, 2015
    Central Coast, NSW Australia
    Agnieszka
    Hi,

since i bought LR some time ago i have been importing direct from SD card to date folders (2016/2016-04/2016-04-04). now i have two OMD E-M10s and they have identical file names generated by each camera when used on the same day. however, if i choose to import into lightroom by date AND a subfolder, it makes the subfolder a parent folder, rather than a subfolder of the day folder. so it changes the overall structure i have already in place. i don't want that.

i would like to import into just one day folder, with my camera serial numbers from EXIF data as the subfolder of the final day folder. (2016/2016-04/2016-04-04/camera1, 2016/2016-04/2016-04-04/camera2, etc). is this possible using the automated import options in LR?

thanks a bunch for your opinions/suggestions.
    agnieszka.

2. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016
    Why don't you change the filenames from each camera with different names at setup menu ?
    you can find it at custom menu -> record/erase -> edit filename

• Like Like x 2
  3. agnieszka

May 1, 2015
    Agnieszka
    ah excellent, that works. thanks :) camera serial number is actually an option in the template! love it. love LR. what a marvel.

4. agnieszka

May 1, 2015
    Agnieszka
    ah you mean the camera itself. yes, that would also work but i have images i import from my phone etc, so the LR solution would be global for all my devices. :)

5. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016
    Yes i meant the camera itself , since they are producing same filename. And as far as the other devises, if they are not from the same manufacturer they probably have different names

• Like Like x 1
  6. agnieszka

May 1, 2015
    Agnieszka
    Another excellent point. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016