Imported from Detroit...well Metro Detroit

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by qhs232, Jul 18, 2013.

1. qhs232

qhs232 New to Mu-43

Jul 17, 2013
    Metro Detroit
    Hello everyone…I have been lurking around here for a few months and have found it to be a source of great information and inspiring photos. I have learned a lot already while in the shadows! Thank you.:2thumbs:

After 30yrs in SoCal, a couple of years ago my wife and I returned to my old stomping grounds here in Michigan.

Except for some point and shoots and a brief fling with a RX100, I have been away from photography for many years. I guess long ‘photo hikes’ (or forced marches as my wife called them) with a large backpack filled with a RZ67, F3, film backs, meter, filters etc and carrying around a tripod that was waaay too heavy was fun for awhile, but quickly lost its luster, hence the appeal of the EM5 and Micro four thirds.

Anyway I’m slowly getting back, lots to learn and re-learn. However, I am comforted by knowing that, ‘the journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step’…or one photo!

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Welcome Gary! I'm a fellow Michigander living in Lansing since 1980. (Detroit suburbs before that.) I came from Pentax two years ago and absolutely love my E-M5 ... and my E-PM2. :smile:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Gary.
  4. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm in Michigan too. Welcome back!
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Welcome aboard, Gary!

The :43: gear makes a huge difference when tramping around Greenfield Village ("The Henry Ford"; yech - lousy choice in name changes!) or the Detroit or Battle Creek zoos.

Post some pics!