Images that a 1000 words………..cannot....

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I’m just re reading about The Great War” and the “Battle of the Somme” in particular, I came across the following image of the Cheshire Regiment Trench in 1916 and felt that I would like to share it

A British trench near the Albert-Bapaume road at Ovillers-la-Boisselle, July 1916 during the Battle of the Somme. The men are from A Company, 11th Battalion, The Cheshire Regiment.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
War photographers have given those of us who have never had to live in the midst of war, or fight in one, a way in to a place no one wants to be. This photograph, as countless others from all the wars of our world are tremendously moving because they catch what is the powerful essence of that moment witnessed.

I think that there will always be a huge pull to the soul when one looks at these war photographs be they from the long past or the too present.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom