Images taken with the PanLeica 15mm in the Show

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Lawrence, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
  2. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    Thanks for the link!
    Saw this posted over at DPR as well!

Just wish there were more photos from the 15/1.7 which will most likely be my next m43 lens! :smile:
  3. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    The 15/1.7 images really remind me those from Oly 17/1.8. Do you guys think there will be much difference besides FOV?
  4. TheRenaissanceMan

TheRenaissanceMan Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    Hopefully less barrel distortion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app
  5. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

Slower AF speed as well I read
  6. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Not encouraging. They did say slower than the 42.5mm f/1.2 though, which isn't a known quantity yet. Maybe the 42.5mm is super fast to focus and the 15mm is just a touch slower. Trying to psych myself up here. I don't want the 15mm to be a disappointment because we're running out of chances in the 35mm equivalent range to get a lens that is all 3 of compact, sharp, and fast to focus.
  7. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The images look very nice though, even in that crappy light.
  8. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Hold on a moment.

"with the Nocticron 42,5mm (on GH4)...The first thing that struck me when taking the first shots was the autofocus speed and responsiveness. I had the new Leica Nocticron 42.5mm mounted on it and focusing even at f/1.2 was very fast and accurate. "

"my first impression is that it (15mm Leica on GX7) has a slightly slower autofocus than the 42.5mm."

So, slightly slower than impressively fast. And on a different camera -- one without DFD.

Stop hyperventilating, lads!
  9. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Doesn't Amin, and a few others here, already have one? We could just ask them.
  10. BigTom

BigTom Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2011
    Any price info on this lens yet?
  11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The PL42.5 is a fast focuser. I haven't tried the PL15.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Thanks for the link.
    The photos in that article make me wonder at the (poor sense of) folk doing the lighting for big photography gear exhibitions.
    Everyone looks like a corpse or zombie, and I'm certain its the mixed flourescent lighting.

A good idea would be for each stand to bring out some really good 'daylight' lamps to make their own gear appear to take nicer photos on the day.
  13. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA
    Ah, but you see, photo expos aren't actually about photography but rather photography equipment. You can get away with gear talk under ugly sodium lights.
  14. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Thanks for the link. Now, we just need a release date and price! C'mon Panasonic!
  15. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    If only ;