Images taken with the PanLeica 15mm in the Show

taz98spin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for the link!
Saw this posted over at DPR as well!

Just wish there were more photos from the 15/1.7 which will most likely be my next m43 lens! :smile:

Dramaturg

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yevgen
The 15/1.7 images really remind me those from Oly 17/1.8. Do you guys think there will be much difference besides FOV?

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
Slower AF speed as well I read

Not encouraging. They did say slower than the 42.5mm f/1.2 though, which isn't a known quantity yet. Maybe the 42.5mm is super fast to focus and the 15mm is just a touch slower. Trying to psych myself up here. I don't want the 15mm to be a disappointment because we're running out of chances in the 35mm equivalent range to get a lens that is all 3 of compact, sharp, and fast to focus.

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Slower AF speed as well I read

Hold on a moment.

"with the Nocticron 42,5mm (on GH4)...The first thing that struck me when taking the first shots was the autofocus speed and responsiveness. I had the new Leica Nocticron 42.5mm mounted on it and focusing even at f/1.2 was very fast and accurate. "

"my first impression is that it (15mm Leica on GX7) has a slightly slower autofocus than the 42.5mm."

So, slightly slower than impressively fast. And on a different camera -- one without DFD.

Stop hyperventilating, lads!

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link.
The photos in that article make me wonder at the (poor sense of) folk doing the lighting for big photography gear exhibitions.
Everyone looks like a corpse or zombie, and I'm certain its the mixed flourescent lighting.

A good idea would be for each stand to bring out some really good 'daylight' lamps to make their own gear appear to take nicer photos on the day.

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for the link.

The photos in that article make me wonder at the (poor sense of) folk doing the lighting for big photography gear exhibitions.
Everyone looks like a corpse or zombie, and I'm certain its the mixed flourescent lighting.

A good idea would be for each stand to bring out some really good 'daylight' lamps to make their own gear appear to take nicer photos on the day.

Ah, but you see, photo expos aren't actually about photography but rather photography equipment. You can get away with gear talk under ugly sodium lights.

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Thanks for the link. Now, we just need a release date and price! C'mon Panasonic!

Latest threads

Top Bottom