1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Images not showing

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by rmcnelly, Oct 22, 2015.

1. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    This morning at work, I'm seeing many posts that don't show an image?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I was just doing a little work on the server. Are you still not seeing images now? If so, which threads?

3. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    I was busy at work and then our internet was down, so I'm just getting back online. Everything appears to be working fine now.

4. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    I'm back home and just made a post in the Sunrise thread from Flickr, and don't see the pic. If I edit the post, the pic is clearly visible.

5. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    I just went back to the post and now it is visible????

6. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    I posted another pic to the B&W thread and had the same issue, saw the text but no picture. Waiting awhile did nothing. Refreshing the page showed the spinning ball and the image then loaded.

7. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    I am getting the same problem. I have to refresh the page to get the image to show.

Using Firefox 41.0.2 and Ipernity. I haven't tried it with Flickr.

Andrew

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think this is related to our image proxy rather than the lazy loading addon. I was getting sporadic reports of this prior to adding lazy loading for images. I'll try to figure it out.

9. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    For me it started when the spinning ball thing appeared so either it is related or it is coincidence; my bet it is related. I had zero issues before the change. First awareness of any problems was the first posting of my first image when the spinning ball appeared.

Oh with this mornings attempt at posting an image all I got was the text and linking to Ipernity, not even a spinning ball. I have to reload to get it the ball to appear followed by the image.

Also now BTW some images are loading slowly than later ones which caused the thread to jump back to the slow image when it loads. I presume this is the same problem that has already been reported.

Andrew

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Could be. But as long as there is a possibility it is unrelated, I'd like to keep the discussion in a separate thread.

11. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    I just did an upload now without any of the previous reported problems.

Andrew

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    @rmcnelly@rmcnelly @Aushiker@Aushiker

I reinstalled the lazyloader without any of the other recent changes. Trying to isolate the problem. Not seeing anything unusual on my test site. Are the problems you reported before back again?

13. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Just made a post. Photo didn't show immediately. Went back and it was there.

14. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    I just posted another pic from Flickr. It initially only showed the name of the pic/Flickr tab, but after a very short delay (2 seconds?) it displayed the pic.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  15. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    Update: October 24, 2015 at 12:30 GMT + 8

The good news: I posted an image from Flickr and it loaded immediately. No gray ball and no delay.

Bad news: I am seeing this indicator of a missing image in others posts as well as in at least one of my own. My image was linked to Ipernity, not sure about the others I have seen Screenshot 2015-10-24 12.30.25. .

I edited and re-posted the link (see second image) but once I saved the edit I am still seeing the missing image symbol. I then edited the post again this time linking to the Flickr version of the image and all is good now. Not sure if it is an Ipernity problem or something else.

Screenshot 2015-10-24 12.32.15.

Regards
    Andrew

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, I definitely broke something. Trying to fix it!

17. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    @Amin Sabet@Amin Sabet, the proxy being used is not resolving external images. I see it's referenced as just "proxy.php?..." It seems like it should be "/proxy.php?..." Externally hosted images (e.g. Flickr) are showing briefly then disappear and show as broken images.

18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    In my quest to optimize, I broke things pretty badly. Hopefully fixed now. If not, will keep working at it!

19. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    @Amin Sabet@Amin Sabet, the proxy seems to be working OK right now on my fast PC, but my iPad is having a terrible time with the Flickr images on this page:
    https://www.mu-43.com/threads/81045/

I cannot get Chrome on the iPad to load all the images, even refreshing.
    However, they load in about a second on my PC with FireFox.

Thanks,
    Barry

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  20. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy