1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

images become greenish on my E-PL3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by xiandlier, Mar 4, 2013.

1. xiandlier

xiandlier New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2013
    Hi all,

Images taken from my Olympus E-PL3 have all gone green. I do not know the term of this abnormality, so I can't quite find relevant results when searching the net about it. I have tried pixel mapping and resetting the camera multiple times, but still no good. Might anyone be familiar with this, and know how to fix it, if can be done manually?

attachment.php?attachmentid=15057&stc=1&d=1362447119.

Attached Files:

2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Check your white balance setting.

3. xiandlier

xiandlier New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2013
    Still no good. Discoloration is consistent in any WB setting.

4. SFW

SFW Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 6, 2012
    Calgary, Canada
    Stephen F. Winsor
    Have you tried a different lens or removed the lens and reattached it? I had some strange effects once when my lens wasn't attached properly.

5. xiandlier

xiandlier New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2013
    I only have one lens, and did removing and reattaching it to no avail. Sometimes, the discoloration would only occupy 4/5ths of the image, while the last fifth has normal color. Like this one, below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15063&stc=1&d=1362455439.

Attached Files:

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yikes!
    Have you tried resetting to factory defaults :confused:

7. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Uhmmm... Change office? :biggrin:

Sorry can't help much. Yikes, is what it is! I can only resuggest factory reset.

8. xiandlier

xiandlier New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2013
    Yep, already did. :(

This actually happened when I was trying to do some 5-sec exposure shots with some fire dancers. There is a green laser light show in the foreground. I am not sure if that could have been the cause of this.

9. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    I hope I'm wrong, but that has happened to one of my old cameras due to a laser

10. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is very strange. If you had a manual adapter I'd suggest holong the camera face down and power cycling then taking a 5 second exposure just to see if any thing falls out!

If I had to guess I'd say antialising filter of NIR filter is loose and flopping around - but that is not really possible!

Warranty still in effect? I think that baby needs to go back to the factory for some TLC.

11. xiandlier

xiandlier New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2013
    Yep, warrranty's still okay. Just asking for insights before sending the kid back later today. Thanks to all. :)