1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Image stabilization during focussing?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by addieleman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I'd like to know if image stabilization is operative during viewing/focussing in an Olympus Pen camera.

It would be a great help when using legacy glass on it. On my Panasonic GH2 I don't have much of a problem with camera shake as I simply bump up the ISO and use higher shutter speeds, but I do have a problem with focussing with longer focal lengths like 100mm because of the viewfinder image jumping up and down.

2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    No stabilization during framing/focusing unfortunately unless OIS lenses are used. It's usually not a big issue for up to 100mm with VF-2

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Thanks, no use for me then to buy a Pen camera, I'll stick with the GH2. Maybe the new 45-175mm will save the day.

4. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    OIS lenses work very well on Pens except Panny 14-42mm kit zoom which does't have a OIS switch.

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You won't have IS with legacy glass on a Panny either ...

6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I know. A reason to switch to an Olympus Pen would be IS with legacy glass during focussing/viewing, but it doesn't seem to work that way. IS for the actual picture taking is not terribly important to me, certainly not enough reason to switch to a Pen from a GH2.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.