1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Image stabilization during focussing?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by addieleman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I'd like to know if image stabilization is operative during viewing/focussing in an Olympus Pen camera.

It would be a great help when using legacy glass on it. On my Panasonic GH2 I don't have much of a problem with camera shake as I simply bump up the ISO and use higher shutter speeds, but I do have a problem with focussing with longer focal lengths like 100mm because of the viewfinder image jumping up and down.

2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    No stabilization during framing/focusing unfortunately unless OIS lenses are used. It's usually not a big issue for up to 100mm with VF-2

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Thanks, no use for me then to buy a Pen camera, I'll stick with the GH2. Maybe the new 45-175mm will save the day.

4. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    OIS lenses work very well on Pens except Panny 14-42mm kit zoom which does't have a OIS switch.

5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You won't have IS with legacy glass on a Panny either ...

6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I know. A reason to switch to an Olympus Pen would be IS with legacy glass during focussing/viewing, but it doesn't seem to work that way. IS for the actual picture taking is not terribly important to me, certainly not enough reason to switch to a Pen from a GH2.