Image review - OMD EM1 post V4 Firmware

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Sootchucker, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Sootchucker

Sootchucker Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2012
    Anyone else having this issue ?

Basically before Firmware V4, I had record review set to the "Auto" mode, meaning it would stay on screen until I touched a button. Of course I could set it to "Off" or any number of seconds on screen (from memory 0.5-20 seconds).

However since FW V4, no matter what setting I choose, the image never reviews after taking a shot. I know all the settings were reset after this firmware update, but have I missed another setting that might be causing this please (it's just getting a little irritating).
  2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    That's odd... On my EM1 it's behaving exactly as it did pre-4.0. Have you done a clear of all your settings to get back to camera defaults yet? If not, do that and then go through each item and set it up the way you like it.

I have mine set as follows: under "Gear-D" I have Backlit LCD set to 30 seconds. Under the wrench, I have "Rec View" set to 1 second.

With all other priority settings set to their default settings, if I let go of the shutter button after taking a photo I'll get the 1 second preview either in the EVF or on the LCD. If I hold down the shutter button half-way it will delay/skip the preview.