Image Quest #9: Laughter

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by DoofClenas, Sep 26, 2015.

1. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    The theme for this two week challenge will be "Laughter." Being that on the eve of this post, I'm headed to Disney World, I thought this would be a fitting topic for this challenge. My next 7 days will be filled with lots of laughter and fun (and I'm sure some tears too)...so yours should be too. Lets see some great images.

Please note the date of your photo.

Please post a single image, represents the theme. Let's close this month out with this challenge. The deadline to post entries to this challenge will be October 10th at 23:59 [11:59 PM] EST (Eastern Standard Time.)

After that, voting will remain opened through October 11th at 23:59 [11:59 PM] EST. Votes will be tallied, then the winner will be announced. The next challenge should be posted by the winner soon after.

Rules:

1. A single "theme" will be provided for each challenge. These can specify a particular subject (e.g. "trees", "vehicles", "animals", "water"), a shooting/post processing method ("black and white", "shot in M-mode (manual)", "blur", "multiple exposure") or it can be more ephemeral ("happy", "orange", "renewal", "symmetry"). Note: since our audience is global, themes that reference a particular season of the year should be avoided.
    2. Each challenge will run for a period of two weeks. This should give everyone that wishes to participate a chance to get out and exercise his/her vision.
    3. Since the intent of this challenge is to get people out and shooting, entries should be shot during the time-frame of the challenge (i.e. no searching through back catalogs for images that match the theme.
    4. Since this is a Micro Four Thirds forum, entries should be shot with a Micro Four Thirds camera.
    5. Each participant must choose a single image to share in a post on the thread.
    6. A winner will be declared at the end of each challenge based on "votes" received from forum participants. A "like" (thumbs-up) will count as one vote and a "winner" (medal) will count as two votes. Voting is open to anyone (not just participants) and voters may cast as many or as few votes as they wish. Ties will be broken based on the larger number of "winner" votes, beyond that, any ties will be broken by the member who chose the theme (see below).
    7. The winner will choose the theme and post the subsequent challenge in a new thread. If the winner fails to post anew challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. At the end of the challenge the winner of the previous challenge should total the votes and announce the winner and the runners-up.
    Good luck to everybody that chooses to enter.

2. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    A bump for those who missed it. This seems like a challenging one to me. :hmmm:

3. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Wow, who'd thunk this would have been so hard.

4. TwoWheels

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    "The earth laughs in flowers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Taken Thursday, October 1st with E-M5 and O60.
    20151001-PA010469-X2.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. banj911

banj911 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    QLD Australia
    • Like Like x 12
  6. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    21884165905_501b413935_b.
    OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 MK.II, 25MM, F4, 1/160, ISO 800

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    This is typically not my strong suit or major area of interest doing social candids and poses, but I was visiting family & friends out of town this weekend and had a few birthday parties to attend and this was from one of them. My kids all have 4 legs, so it was different being around the 2 legged variety. I liked this one more than most. Cake, Ice Cream and Smiles. Lots of fun and laughs enjoyed by all.

p1531640131-5.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

Like Steve, I struggle with people and portraiture. But do manage to get a few photos of the niece and nephew growing up. I took this shot at one of the local playgrounds 26th September 2015 while Xavier was having fun in the spinning bowl. It's hard work playing with the kids and trying to photograph them at the same time, but as long as they enjoy it, I'm happy. And yes, he was laughing his head off.

E-M5 + 12-50mm, SOOC

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. AussiePhil

AussiePhil Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Canberra, ACT, Aust
    Phil
    This one makes me laugh so I hope it fits in :)

EM1 + 40-150Pro, taken 3rd October at local Walk in Aviary

22023855571_4eb7ce108e_b. I_Am_Not by Phil Gartner, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  10. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Just a few hours left to vote. Looks like Bandy may have this one.

11. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Banj911...you're the winner.

12. banj911

banj911 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2014
    QLD Australia
    Thanks DoofClenas, but my 10 votes doesn't beat the total of 11 (7 thumbs + 2 medals) of tyrphoto if I am reading the rules correctly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I agree assuming the votes met the deadline...let's resolve so we can post the next Topic.

14. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I stand corrected...I missed the point's tally section of the rules. Tyrphoto is the winner.

15. TwoWheels

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    A tag for @tyrphoto@tyrphoto. I'm not sure if you've seen these so just to make sure you know you're the winner (of the most challenging Image Quest yet--Congrats!) and you're up for posting Image Quest #10.

16. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Thanks. I just saw this. I'll have a new challenge posted within the next 12 hours.

17. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1