Image Quest #5: One

fredlong

Just this guy...
Real Name
Fred
One what? I don't know. One color, one among many, one apart, the number one. Be creative. Find one and shoot it. Photographically, of course, no firearms. Unless it's one.

In accordance with rule #3, I'd appreciate if you would note the date of your photo. I don't plan to dig through exif data. It's the honor system here. Thanks in advance.

Please post a single image that represents the theme. The deadline to post entries to this challenge will be , August 13 at 00:00 [12 AM] GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). (I have gone with GMT to hopefully make it easier for every one to work out their local time. Also we have two full weekends in which to shoot. Having the contest begin and end midweek will likely maximize opportunities for those of us who aren't retired.)

After that, voting will remain open through 00:00 [12 AM] GMT on August 14. Votes will be tallied, and a winner will be announced Wednesday evening GMT +8, and then the next challenge should be posted by the winner soon after.

Rules:
  1. A single "theme" will be provided for each challenge. These can specify a particular subject (e.g. "trees", "vehicles", "animals", "water"), a shooting/post processing method ("black and white", "shot in M-mode (manual)", "blur", "multiple exposure") or it can be more ephemeral ("happy", "orange", "renewal", "symmetry"). Note: since our audience is global, themes that reference a particular season of the year should be avoided.
  2. Each challenge will run for a period of two weeks. This should give everyone that wishes to participate a chance to get out and exercise his/her vision.
  3. Since the intent of this challenge is to get people out and shooting, entries should be shot during the time-frame of the challenge (i.e. no searching through back catalogs for images that match the theme).
  4. Since this is a Micro Four Thirds forum, entries should be shot with a Micro Four Thirds camera.
  5. Each participant must choose a single image to share in a post on the thread.
  6. A winner will be declared at the end of each challenge based on "votes" received from forum participants. A "like" (thumbs-up) will count as one vote and a "winner" (medal) will count as two votes. Voting is open to anyone (not just participants) and voters may cast as many or as few votes as they wish. Ties will be broken based on the larger number of "winner" votes, beyond that, any ties will be broken by the member who chose the theme (see below).
  7. The winner will choose the theme and post the subsequent challenge in a new thread. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. At the end of the challenge the winner of the previous challenge should total the votes and announce the winner and the runners-up.

fredlong

Just this guy...
Real Name
Fred
I can't take credit for either idea. Aushiker suggested the date thing to me. He also used GMT in the last image quest.

Fred

chipshot713

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kelly
I don't normally enter these challenges but I thought what the heck. Taken on July 31, 2015 (today) with a GH3 and a Panasonic 20mm. Dang I hate to be the first one to enter !!!
There is ONE Silver Certificate = Used to be worth $1; There is ONE Silver dollar= it also used to be worth $1; There are 4 Quarters= ONE dollar;
There are 10 Dimes= ONE dollar; There are 20 nickels= ONE dollar and there are 100 pennies= you guessed it ONE dollar. Now the whole thing looks like Bart Simpson winking at you from 1st look. See how I snuck that ONE in with Bart.
P1030912-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
My wife and I took a quick trip to watch the sunset on top of Huckleberry Bald in NC along the Cherohala Skyway. It was something that I have been thinking about doing for a few months. The evening couldn't have been any more beautiful. It was very refreshing.

My wife actually pushed the shutter on this one. One man, with the beauty of the atmosphere at 5560' of elevation.
View attachment 432197

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
20102791359_3e453e3760_b.jpg

Aug 2, San Elijo Lagoon, Cardiff by the sea, CA

There was only one bird looking for the food in this rather large area during my visit, I believe it is an Egret.

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
August, 2

150802 Tokina tele 2_.jpg

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
In the shooting world, for me, the true "sporting" rifle is the single shot. One shot, one chance, so be ethical, be precise.

And in the single shot world, there is one clear standout. Bill Ruger's classical design and engineering masterpiece: The Ruger #1.

Taken today (August 8th) with the equally classically looking Omd-Em5 and Panasonic Leica 15mm lens in, of course, classic Mono (1) :blush:.

P8080030_1.jpg

ps- i know its not really "pc' these days to be a rifle shooter. if this image breaks forum rules, i offer my apology.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
204. Fox and bunny buster.

unfortunately, for the sake of this comp, its not in 450 Nitro No1 :biggrin:

Broddan

Mu-43 Veteran
I took a walk today to a run down small industrial zone. Some locals have worked hard to make it a legal graffiti exhibition. The art is done both by Swedes and international graffiti painters.

This is a great big graffiti painting i shot today...

1508_namnlöst_001-3.jpg

Jermonic

Mu-43 Veteran
I took a walk today to a run down small industrial zone. Some locals have worked hard to make it a legal graffiti exhibition. The art is done both by Swedes and international graffiti painters.

This is a great big graffiti painting i shot today...

View attachment 97785

That grafitti is pretty god damn good. It looks like it's 3D.

Nice capture as well, I like the way the crane works to add in the composition.

Broddan

Mu-43 Veteran
Yeah it really have that 3d pop to it. That one was made by a Swede (search hugeart) that has been doing this stuff for about 30 years.
I know some paintings is made of Danish painters as well.
I meet one of people that made this possible and will return for more photo ops.
Thanks for your comment

TwoWheels

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Evan
One ferry making its way into Active Pass between Mayne Island and Galiano Island off the southwest coast of B.C.

Taken August 8th with E-M5 and O60
20150808-P8080914-X2.jpg

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
One bird (a moorhen) standing on one leg. Boyne Canal, Ireland, August 1st, with the Olympus 40-150 (the cheap one, not the pro one) and a lot of cropping.

IE20150801_055_navan.jpg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom