Image Quest #11: Spooky

Plumballs

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Phil
1. The theme for this challenge will be "Spooky".

In accordance with rule #3, I'd appreciate if you would note the date of your photo. I don't plan to dig through exif data. It's the honor system here. The whole point of this challenge is encourage all of us to go out and shoot and not to go thru our back catalog of images. Thanks in advance.

Please post a single image which represents the theme. The deadline to post entries to this challenge will be Saturday November 7th at 23:59 [11:59 PM] GMT (Greenwich Mean Time.)

After that, voting will remain opened through Sunday November 8th at 23:59 [11:59 PM] GMT. Votes will be tallied, then the winner will be announced. The next challenge should be posted by the winner soon after.

Good luck and have fun!

Rules:

1. A single "theme" will be provided for each challenge. These can specify a particular subject (e.g. "trees", "vehicles", "animals", "water"), a shooting/post processing method ("black and white", "shot in M-mode (manual)", "blur", "multiple exposure") or it can be more ephemeral ("happy", "orange", "renewal", "symmetry"). Note: since our audience is global, themes that reference a particular season of the year should be avoided.

2. Each challenge will run for a period of two weeks. This should give everyone that wishes to participate a chance to get out and exercise his/her vision.

3. Since the intent of this challenge is to get people out and shooting, entries should be shot during the time-frame of the challenge (i.e. no searching through back catalogs for images that match the theme.

4. Since this is a Micro Four Thirds forum, entries should be shot with a Micro Four Thirds camera.

5. Each participant must choose a single image to share in a post on the thread.

6. A winner will be declared at the end of each challenge based on "votes" received from forum participants. A "like" (thumbs-up) will count as one vote and a "winner" (medal) will count as two votes. Voting is open to anyone (not just participants) and voters may cast as many or as few votes as they wish. Ties will be broken based on the larger number of "winner" votes, beyond that, any ties will be broken by the member who chose the theme (see below).

7. The winner will choose the theme and post the subsequent challenge in a new thread. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. At the end of the challenge the winner of the previous challenge should total the votes and announce the winner and the runners-up.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Saw this on the way home from walking one of my dogs yesterday above a retail store. Had the big lens attached and should have gone back across the street probably, but then again the POV was a bit unique and had some sky in it.

22716118992_3ba596ce0c_o_d.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TwoWheels

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Evan
Batman keeping an eye on things. :biggrin:

Edit: Taken on Oct. 22nd with E-M1 and 12-40/2.8
20151022-PA220048-X2.jpg

Last edited:

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
'Twas a dark and stormy night ... taken on November 1st from the window of my house.

ES20151101_001_casa_lightning-2.jpg

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy

OM-D E-M1 P20 f/1.7
image.jpg

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy

WendyK

Super Moderator
Real Name
Wendy
I was really hoping I'd get a foggy morning during this challenge and finally did this morning so my subject was the trees down by the creek behind my house. This is a double exposure of a snarl of dead tree limbs and the huge vine that threatens to pull the tree down. The camera was turned 180 degrees between exposures, and I processed it in Silver Efex Pro.
spooky.jpg

Last edited:

Plumballs

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Phil
Congratulations Ger.mcg, a worthy winner with 18/19 votes. Sorry not sure how to check when the last vote was cast, but has no bearing on the result.
TwoWheels a solid second with 14 votes.
Well done all.

Ger.mcg

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ger
Thanks Phil, I'll post the new challenge this evening when I get home from work. Are we going with a monthly time frame as discussed in the other thread or staying with the two week format?

Latest threads

Top Bottom