image information

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ig7, May 13, 2012.

1. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    I am a pretty new member of your forum and I have a question that I cannot find an answer to about the images that are posted on the site. If I am interested in the EXIF data on some of the images, can I find it if it is not posted above or below the image? I tried to do Image properties, but it did not work.
    Thank in advance
  2. Alex Haigh

Alex Haigh Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 26, 2011
    Dorking, UK
    I use Chrome with this plug-in

It displays the EXIF data for a picture when you hold your cursor over the image but it only works if the EXIF data is still intact in the image file. For example it doesn't work for images on this forum pictures posted from Flickr even if the EXIF data is available on Flickr itself, but it does work for images posted to galleries providing the Exif data hasn't been lost/removed somewhere in post processing.

If you don't use chrome then obviously you'd need to find at alternative that works in your browser but I assume there's similar something available for all the main ones but a google search for "*your browser of choice* EXIF reader" will probably tell you more.
  3. Ig7

Ig7 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2011
    Thank you so much! It worked.
  4. Nehemiah

Nehemiah New to Mu-43

May 15, 2012
    I used a camera software for information and after i take my picture i plug in my camera with this software and get my all image information