Image Filename begins with Underscore?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by DarrenG, Sep 7, 2011.

1. DarrenG

DarrenG Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Hampshire, UK
    This is an odd one that isn't a problem other than it's annoying the hell out of me!

For some reason, every now and again the filenames of images captured on my G2 begin with an underscore, e.g. _100578

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why this is happening. It can happen to one image in a set or an entire batch before returning to the normal Pxxxxxx

One set has P1000585, _1000586, P1000587

I use Aperture but the filenames appear like this on the memory card so it's not something that happens when importing.

Am I missing some setting someplace or is this another issue? Any help welcomed!

2. Howi

Howi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Sheffield
    Howard
    images starting with a P are using sRGB colourspace, images starting with a _ are using Adobe RGB colourspace (a wider colour gamut than sRGB)
    It does tell you in the manual.......

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    i echo the same answer. aRGB mode will have a filename system of underscore first, like in nikon.

that's why my filenames are a bit odd, with the underscore at the first. :biggrin:

4. DarrenG

DarrenG Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2011
    Hampshire, UK
    Thank you, I'm not knowingly changing the colourspace but must be doing so somehow! I'll go and RTFM :)