Image Browsing Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Nature' started by mpsfreedom, Jul 22, 2012.

1. mpsfreedom

mpsfreedom New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2012
    Wisconsin, U.S.A.
    I thought it might be fun/helpful to ask how you look at member images. What's your strategy for browsing? I've been going through member galleries but it's not a particularly enjoyable experience (the images are enjoyable--its the manner of browsing I'm struggling with).

What's your favorite way of taking a few minutes and checking out images on this website?

2. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    My shortcut to the site is the "New Posts" link at the top - that way you get a list of every thread that has been updated since your last visit. Click on the little "v in a box" icon next to each thread title to go to the first new post. Of course, that only shows you the images that are posted in threads, not the member galleries.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    It's funny I never think to come here to look for photos. I usually get my fix for that on flickr. But just now I clicked on the gallery tab, clicked on the first image and then clicked slideshow beneath that and thought it was a pretty decent interface.

a pretty Wisconsin-centric conversation we're having here.

4. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    I generally click on "New Posts" to see the new list, then only click on the galleries / other image threads that favor my interests. The "last page" link is usually where I start for each thread, and if that opens a page I've not seen before, I'll usually look at the previous page to make sure I've not missed anything.

Well, Luke... now the conversation has officially expaneded to another part of the midwest! :cool:

• Like Like x 1