1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I'm on UPS watch :-)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by twalker294, Aug 17, 2012.

1. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    The magic brown truck is driving around town with my OM-D as I type. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve.

I haven't been this excited about a camera since I got my first DSLR nine years ago.

Just wanted to share. Now excuse me while I go camp on the front porch. I'm pretty sure that will make it get here faster.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    (I tracked my UPS guy down in the neighborhood :D )

3. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    I'm about to get to that point myself. Isn't if funny how attuned we can become to that unmistakable brown truck rumble? :smile:

4. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    The anticipation is half the fun, isn't it. Congrats.

I'm on a USPS Priority Mail watch, myself, like a kid on Christmas. Anticipating the arrival of my G5. :smile:

5. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    My mailman came this morning. He was not bearing gifts. Or OM-Ds. Why didn't I select priority mail!?!?!

6. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    My home office windows face the street, though my desk does not. I can distinguish the squeal of the post lady's brakes and the rumble of the big brown truck with no problem. I don't even look now; just head downstairs to greet them at the door.

Disappointed today though. My wife rec'd something priorty mail, and then something from UPS an hour later. I'm not expecting anything, but the Pavlovian response to the sound of these vehicles is still strong.

I may have to buy something just to quench the thirst...

Enjoy that E-M5 twalker. Good luck waiting for a full battery charge!

7. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    I shall read the manual cover to cover whilst awaiting a full charge.

Wait, that doesn't sound like me...

8. Uncle Frank

Uncle Frank Photo Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Frank
    My UPS guy is a fellow photographer. When he spots incoming gear with my name on it, he makes a special run so I'll get it early in the day. :biggrin:

CAM61395-mr-L.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Of course it will. No, wait - the truck will come just as soon as you go inside to answer the phone or use the bathroom. :biggrin: Congrats on the new camera. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I hate UPS, but their drivers are their only saving grace. I'm going to miss my last driver now that we've moved! He would meet me later in the afternoon at a drop-box pickup nearby my home and let me pick something up there if a signature was required, and one day after he apparently found out I'd called (must've got a message the package was to be designated as pickup at the local facility), he swung by our house again after I was home from work!

But, damn them and their 'it said 4 days delivery so it will sit in our facility for 2 days until the exact delivery date and no you can't pick it up before we attempt to deliver it' policies.

• Like Like x 1
  11. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    If it was a shirt for my son or some scrap booking crap for my wife it would have been here by 9:00. But of course since its a camera he'll probably come to my house as his last delivery of the day.

I've taken to playing Angry Birds to pass the time. I'm really wishing I wasn't on vacation from work this week so I'd have something to occupy me.

A minute ago one of my dogs ran to the front window and I got excited. Turns out it was just the neighbor cat walking through our front yard.

I've never liked that cat...

12. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    While I feel for your wife, your post made me laugh. You are funny

13. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    It's 4:59 and still no camera.

My daughter came home about 20 minutes ago and rang the doorbell. I've never been so disappointed to see that kid in my life.

I'm afraid my wife might get home from work and find me curled up in the fetal position in the corner rocking to and fro and humming softly to myself. I have a sickness.

14. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
  15. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I see you have an epl1 - go out and take some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Now *that's* service!:)

Sent from my phone, pardon my brevity.

17. twalker294

Aug 18, 2010
    The eagle has landed. Actually it landed around 5:15 but I've been busy since then :)

18. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    Isn't it the longest period of time, that first battery charge?
    Looking forward to seeing your images with the OM-D. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  19. ISO1600

ISO1600 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    Abilene, TX
    Chris
    New member here!

I just got my OM-D yesterday, i LOVE it!
    NOW I'm waiting on UPS to bring my 14/2.5 and Nikon-M4/3 adapter!!!! UGH!

20. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    twalker... your anticipation and delayed receipt has been a lot of fun! I'm glad your new camera finally got there... have fun with it, bud.