I'm not usually a pixel peeper, but....

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by KVG, Jul 8, 2012.

1. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I was looking at this photo on my computer and did a 100% crop and was amazed and how sharp the 25/1.4 was.

GF1 25/1.4@iso100,f2,1/2000
    Screenshot2012-07-08at105241AM.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    You've lost me, mate, I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be looking at? :confused:

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the ROI is the magnifying glass.

4. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    The enlargement shows the hole pattern of the textile sunscreen outside the window.

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    ^ yup and looking at the full size on my computer is even sharper.

6. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Haha! That's awesome... I love my 25 f/1.4, though I've been neglecting mine a little since I got the 25mm f/0.95 recently. Thanks for posting this, maybe I'll put mine in the camera bag for a while and try to give it some more camera time. Such a great lens - sharp and crisp images with such a great rendering. I remember when I first got the PL 25 doing my typical test shots of our dogs and being totally blown away at how crisp they were and how I could make out each individual hair in their fur :biggrin:

I love my PL 25 so much that even though it means I have two 25mm lenses I still can't bring myself to part with it. My only (minor) gripe is the non reversible lens hood, because it's a pain to pack.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    That's excellent considering that at best, that screen looks like a thin shaded film.....to pick up those tiny perforations so well at magnification is impressive. Credit to the battleaxe as well !

• Like Like x 1
  8. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    yeah! and mine makes me more confident than ever, just squeeze the camera and there it is

• Like Like x 1
  9. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I just can't bring myself to replace it yet, much to the dismay of my daughter.