1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm not usually a pixel peeper, but....

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by KVG, Jul 8, 2012.

1. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I was looking at this photo on my computer and did a 100% crop and was amazed and how sharp the 25/1.4 was.

GF1 25/1.4@iso100,f2,1/2000
    Screenshot2012-07-08at105241AM.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 3
  2. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    You've lost me, mate, I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to be looking at? :confused: 

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the ROI is the magnifying glass.

4. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    The enlargement shows the hole pattern of the textile sunscreen outside the window.

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    ^ yup and looking at the full size on my computer is even sharper.

6. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Haha! That's awesome... I love my 25 f/1.4, though I've been neglecting mine a little since I got the 25mm f/0.95 recently. Thanks for posting this, maybe I'll put mine in the camera bag for a while and try to give it some more camera time. Such a great lens - sharp and crisp images with such a great rendering. I remember when I first got the PL 25 doing my typical test shots of our dogs and being totally blown away at how crisp they were and how I could make out each individual hair in their fur :biggrin:

I love my PL 25 so much that even though it means I have two 25mm lenses I still can't bring myself to part with it. My only (minor) gripe is the non reversible lens hood, because it's a pain to pack.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    That's excellent considering that at best, that screen looks like a thin shaded film.....to pick up those tiny perforations so well at magnification is impressive. Credit to the battleaxe as well !

• Like Like x 1
  8. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    yeah! and mine makes me more confident than ever, just squeeze the camera and there it is

• Like Like x 1
  9. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I just can't bring myself to replace it yet, much to the dismay of my daughter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.