I'm Not the Sharpest Marble in the Bag, But Geesh.......

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kundalini, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kundalini

kundalini Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    The Oly User Manual for the EP3 sucks (at least on the first day). It references pages that have nothing to do with the subject matter. Am I going bonkers?

On the good note.... it arrived today.

I have no doubt that I will "get there" one day, but as of yet, I'm nowhere close.

I took a few photos before the battery died, but I'm having troubles getting my 'puter to reconize the memory card. Hell, it's Friday night, I've put in about 65 hours this week and I have a 1.75L of Jose in the freezer that is NOT full. No wonder I'm having difficulties. :rofl:
  2. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Looks stellar! Wouldn't worry about the manual - I swear camera companies spend half the R&D budgets on 'how to write uncomprehensable manuals' workshops :/

Surprised that the silver lenses don't come with silver lens caps though (I'm an architecture student and a photographer - I can't not see details...)
  3. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    That's not the R 40-150, right?
  4. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    No, it looks to be the old one... That 14-42 is II R.
  5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    You can tell by looking at the focusing grip. The older version has long lines and gaps in between. The new R version doesn't have gaps and no lines, just a bunch of tiny uniform ridges for the circumference of the lens, save the lock button.

Looks good, enjoy your new camera kundalini!
  6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    The silver lens looks killer on that silver body (and a silver cap would be overkill, I think).
    ENjoy the Jose and your new rig.
  7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    ....and I was just about to say why doesn't it have silver caps, it would look much better!

Camera manual = toilet paper. Don't bother with them; any of them. The time you spend reading them and learning nothing useful is better spent playing with the camera and finding out yourself what does what....