I'm in ... NM5D ...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by wilerty, Mar 13, 2013.

1. wilerty

wilerty Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2013
    Syracuse, New York
    Bill
    Last month when Olympus had the 40-150 deal for $99, I picked that up. Today I ordered a Silver M5 with 12-50, a 17 1.8, and a 45 1.8. ($400 off with the latest promo)

My old and painful back couldn't take my 60D, 15-85, etc, so last year I bought a G1X as a travel camera and it is wonderful for that, but weaker for some things.

With the fast primes and zooms, I should be ready for my trip to St Petersburgh, Russia late this summer.

2. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Ha, I had exactly the same camera and lens last year (60D & 15-85) and sold it. Good camera, great lens, but too big and heavy for my needs. Just bought an OMD EM5 (black) with 12-50 yesterday from Amazon, and amazingly it arrived today! But the lenses I also ordered will come tomorrow. Got the 60mm macro (I love macro), and also 17mm 1.8 and 17mm 2.8 -- one will go back, wanted to see their size in real life. Will likely keep the 1.8.

It's a beautiful camera. Battery is charging.

Enjoy yours!

EDIT: so small! Quick phone snap:
    2013-03-13_16_34_34--TINY.

3. IDLookout

IDLookout Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Northern Idaho
    I'd be really interested in hearing of your comparisons between the 1.8 and 2.8. I plan on getting a silver OMD w/ 12-50 and either the 17/1.8 or 2.8. I'm leaning towards the 1.8 with that $150 rebate.

4. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    Add me to the list of 60D to OM-D converts. Loved my 60D but left it home with all my lenses most of the time because of the size. OM-D changed that.

5. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    a soda near expensive electronic equipment... hmm, what could go wrong? :p 

6. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Don't worry, it was not open yet! :thumbup:

7. judywisconsin

judywisconsin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I'm heading to Russia in September. What lenses are you taking? (I also have a 60D, but it's just in mothballs - can't decide if I should keep it or sell it).

8. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    If you don't use the 60D, sell it. Value is still good now, and will go a long way towards more glass. Kind of depends on what investment you have in Canon glass and whether you ever really need a camera that's capable of tracking action. I keep my 5DII because it does different things for me (full frame) and I love shooting it. Just don't love dragging it around on travels quite as much :) 

9. wilerty

wilerty Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 10, 2013
    Syracuse, New York
    Bill
    My son is teaching English in St Petersburgh. I will take all the lenses listed in the first post. I am particulary interested in the beautiful train stations there, where I am told you can't use a flash. The faster primes and tripod will help there. St Petersburgh is a VERY target rich envirnment.

I sold the 60D and all lenses last spring about a month after I got the G1X.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.