I'm having audio problems. Help :[

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by craig76, Jul 18, 2011.

1. craig76

craig76 New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2011
    I have the Panasonic Lumix G2 with a shenggu 108 external microphone and the 14-40mm lens.

So i keep getting this buzzing/staticy sound when ever i record video. It's quiet when i do not use my external microphone but when i do it's extremely loud and you can't hear much of anything but the static. I don't think it's the AF on the lens because i turned that off and i still got the noise. Someone help please.

2. brunerww

brunerww  

Mar 5, 2011
    craig - Before anything else, check that you have a stereo-to-stereo adapter. The SG-108 is a stereo mic with a 3.5mm jack, and your G2 has a 2.5mm stereo input, so your adapter should have two little black stripes on the 2.5mm output jack. If not, you have a mono adapter, which could be your problem.

If you have a stereo adapter, try pushing the mic and adapter into the camera a little more firmly. Sometimes, if the connection is not solid, you'll get buzzing and static.

If that doesn't work, I would remove the adapter and plug the microphone into another recording device (your computer?) and make a short test recording to see if the mic is the problem.

If the mic works normally, your problem is either your 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter -- or the connection between the adapter and the camera itself.

Next step would be to try a new adapter. I use the Hosa GMP-467 right angle adapter ($3 + shipping at Adorama).

If that doesn't work - you might have to get the camera looked at.

Good luck - hope this was helpful,

Bill
    http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com