1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm having audio problems. Help :[

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by craig76, Jul 18, 2011.

1. craig76

craig76 New to Mu-43

Jul 18, 2011
    I have the Panasonic Lumix G2 with a shenggu 108 external microphone and the 14-40mm lens.

So i keep getting this buzzing/staticy sound when ever i record video. It's quiet when i do not use my external microphone but when i do it's extremely loud and you can't hear much of anything but the static. I don't think it's the AF on the lens because i turned that off and i still got the noise. Someone help please.

2. brunerww

brunerww  

Mar 5, 2011
    craig - Before anything else, check that you have a stereo-to-stereo adapter. The SG-108 is a stereo mic with a 3.5mm jack, and your G2 has a 2.5mm stereo input, so your adapter should have two little black stripes on the 2.5mm output jack. If not, you have a mono adapter, which could be your problem.

If you have a stereo adapter, try pushing the mic and adapter into the camera a little more firmly. Sometimes, if the connection is not solid, you'll get buzzing and static.

If that doesn't work, I would remove the adapter and plug the microphone into another recording device (your computer?) and make a short test recording to see if the mic is the problem.

If the mic works normally, your problem is either your 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter -- or the connection between the adapter and the camera itself.

Next step would be to try a new adapter. I use the Hosa GMP-467 right angle adapter ($3 + shipping at Adorama).

If that doesn't work - you might have to get the camera looked at.

Good luck - hope this was helpful,

Bill
    http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.